Phenom II X4 955 AM3 Tested

jammin

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All reports that I've seen show the processor with aftermarket air cooling hitting an average of 3.7 with stock voltages. Some are saying that it hits a wall at about 3.8GHz while others say it easily hits a stable 4.0 GHz @ 1.55v. Not bad but I'd have liked to see higher numbers as well.

Of course, LN2 has gotten the processor to almost 7GHz. :Dhttp://www.ripping.org/database.php?cpuid=961

I took the comment about overclocking in the conclusion to be a reference to the overclocking comparisons between the 940 and the 955. It sounded like the 955 did not offer much OC improvement over the 940, which (if I'm recalling that correctly) would mean that the 955 is not a particularly good value for an overclocker.

4 GHz on stock voltage? Nope...

e8X00 series ring a bell? Yes on stock voltage.

I've never used an i7 but I read it doesn't take much at all to hit 4Ghz with those too.

e8X00 series ring a bell? Yes on stock voltage.

I've never used an i7 but I read it doesn't take much at all to hit 4Ghz with those too.

Really?!

Are you talking about the E8400/8500/8600? If so, first of all those are duals, not quads. Second, I know plenty of people around here with E8400s who can't get stable at 4Ghz period, let alone on stock volts.

Also, I can't quote much evidence on the i7 comment, but that too seems like a big stretch. All in all, I really don't think any of Intel's current offerings could be said to hit 4ghz reliably.

Do the Q9x50 chips hit 4ghz at stock though?

Also, I don't know what the stock voltage is for i7s like the 920, so I don't get much from that link. Are you saying D0s should be able to get 4Ghz on stock volts?