What if God Disappeared

Savan

This is why I hate people, this guy is 100% serious.

http://video.stumbleupon.com/#p=8cx7mint2y

I have no problem with people having faith in religion, but when you take it to this level, you just... (I have no words that adequately finish this sentence)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh man, things like this really bug me. I sometimes get called an idiot for being an atheist, and when I ask why that would make me an idiot I get responses like "who else created the world!".

If "god" disappeared, this world would be a better place.

I had to stop watching as well. I can't stand people who take religion to the extremes and act like they are better than you because of it. I have no problem with people who choose to believe in something, but not people like this.

I stopped this as soon as he brought up that nobody would help out victims of Malaria, AIDS, Hurricane Katrina, etc. As if people don't help others because it's the right thing to do. We have to have some kind of motivation (a god) to do the right thing.

Edited by malmsteenisgod

As if people don't help others because it's the right thing to do. We have to have some kind of motivation (a god) to do the right thing.

You didn't hear? Christianity just finalized its monopoly on morals. It's officially impossible for us heathens to have them now. :rolleyes:

I love the morality argument. If anything, that makes people who don't believe in religion better people than those that do...we simply do it because it's what we should do without any ulterior motives. I'm not a good person because I'm worried about going to Hell or whatever, I'm a good person because I choose to be.

That's a difficult distinction to make for some and it really bothers me.

I love religion, its actually very entertaining. But seriously , christianity is good for something. It belongs in the mother goose nursery rymes that teach your children good morals.

Go to youtube and do a search for "crazy lady on fox news" for some good entertainment.

Edited by Kingfisher

If anything, that makes people who don't believe in religion better people than those that do...we simply do it because it's what we should do without any ulterior motives.

This.