Silent Spirit Heatsink Tested

Nemo

Wow... it looks like they took a rock to the base of that heat sink. :blink:

Are you sure you're not looking at the picture of the pre-applied thermal paste? I made that mistake myself but I realized it couldn't be that bad so I went back and looked again.

I agree though, the performance isn't that great. Silent is nice, but I use the stock Intel cooler for my Q6600 these days and honestly it's not all that loud. Heck, even my TRUE with a medium speed Yate Loon is pretty darn quiet. But if you're really serious about silent I think it could make sense. The temps might be more impressive on a non-i7 chip too. Those things are just incredibly hot.

Good review though. The pictures were very nice.

Every other review I have ever seen on this cooler did better then the stock cpu. Not to be a d*ck er anything but I think you should have ran the testing with the factory applied thermal paste you must have put too much on. Why would the former co founder of Arctic cooling (owner of GELID Solutions) bother making a cooler that does worse than a stock cooler?

Every other review I have ever seen on this cooler did better then the stock cpu. Not to be a d*ck er anything but I think you should have ran the testing with the factory applied thermal paste you must have put too much on. Why would the former co founder of Arctic cooling (owner of GELID Solutions) bother making a cooler that does worse than a stock cooler?

I have looked at some scoring from a few affilates temps and we are actually lower on the cooler then some of them. One thing we have noticed is some of the I7's are varying in temps for some reason. We are trying to see why I have three I7's that are producing 30 degree temp differences which is really odd. I will have Mark double check again just to be sure in this case.

I have looked at some scoring from a few affilates temps and we are actually lower on the cooler then some of them. One thing we have noticed is some of the I7's are varying in temps for some reason. We are trying to see why I have three I7's that are producing 30 degree temp differences which is really odd. I will have Mark double check again just to be sure in this case.

The temps may be right but every other review I have seen the stock cooler did worse. Anyways man not speaking bad of occ the reviews are almost always without fault I just like VC Tran at GELID Solutions he is an awesome guy don't want occ or GELID to get a bum wrap for a miscalculation....if indeed it was one for all I know the other 2 reviews I checked out could have been wrong.

Sometimes there are duds. If it does the same as a stocker but is quieter its a win! We also test with the board in a case to simulate real world. A test bench is not real world for 90+% of people out there. Most of the pics you see of reviews show it on a test bench or out in the open on a desk or on a box, not in a case!

Sometimes there are duds. If it does the same as a stocker but is quieter its a win! We also test with the board in a case to simulate real world. A test bench is not real world for 90+% of people out there. Most of the pics you see of reviews show it on a test bench or out in the open on a desk or on a box, not in a case!

True enough I forgot the internal sensors issues. Well retorted I am content. I will be getting one of these for testing next month from VC so if my results are the same I will just shut my mouth lol