V10 Cpu Cooler By Cooler Master Tested

Nemo

And we have a new champion! It beat out the Noctua, which was basically tied with the TRUE...

EDIT: Yeah, that is just a tad on the large side... OK, it's a little more than a tad... Well, wait... IT'S FREAKING MASSIVE!!!

Hmm...

How come there was no TRUE in that line-up? Would have liked to see how it compares to a TRUE with dual fans.

Also, how much space is there between that RAM cooling bit, and the actually memory?

Would RAM like the OCZ Reapers, or the Corsair Dominator's fit under there?

I assume you cant swap out your RAM unless you take the whole thing off either right?

• 3 months later...

I wonder if the TEC is controlled with variable voltage, and what the results would be if modded to be on full power 24/7 instead of just turning on when it hits whatever preset temperature(60c?).

Also, I am curious if the TEC is rated by its manufacturer at 12v, and how it would hold up to being ran on 17 volts. I know many TECs are rated at strange voltages and are often used undervolted to 12v.

Looks to be promising with some mods, but the price is pretty steep.

pretty nice!

it appears that thing would be an efficient ram cooling solution as well...

is that a correct assumption?

if so, nemo, did you notice any benefit?

gotdamojo06 wrote the review, not me. I just posted the announcement :)

Its doesn't look good. Did OCC review the True yet? I am very tired of seeing comparisons with the TRUE if it is not lapped/pressure modded

For a Review you test as delivered from the factory not modded for best performance. If you did this you would have to do the same for every other heatsink you tested. Unfortunately this does not give an accurate representation of the product to those who choose not to modify their hardware in the as shipped condition (The majority if you must know). I am sorry you do not like the comparison but the TRUE "Has" to be modded to work better with a base that is less than flat. I like Thermalright heatsinks and in the past used them almost exclusively. But the problem is the base needed "work" on every one of them. As a matter of fact mine is not flat but it is a true representation of what is delivered. The next time I pull the heatsink for a review I will take some shots with a straight edge across the base. I will not modify the base of mine until I purchase another heatsink to takes its place but I have put 2 Scythe Kaze 2000 RPM fans on mine and now have load temps in the low 40s under load at 3.0GHz(Test platform speed).