2009: Post Your Desktop - Mac, Linux, Etc

d3bruts1d

We have one for Windows, so it's only fair that we have one for the "other guys" as well. OCC has a growing number of Mac & Linux users, so this thread will be shared by them. It's also open to BSD, and other non-Microsoft systems.

It'll be helpful to others if you specify exactly what OS & Version (OS X 10.4, OS X 10.5, Ubuntu 8.04, etc.), special customizations, as well as any programs you have running.

If you have a large image, please attach it so the forums can shrink it down. And if your wallpaper contains nudity please cover it up. ;)

So, who'll be first? :D Remember, this topic is for non-Microsoft systems. :)

Guest ajmatson

I'll start it off i guess :)

This is a screenshot of Ubuntu 8.10 running a modified version of the 2.6.27-11 kernel designed for my hardware. The GTK theme is called LK_OSX_BB which is black on black. The sidebar is a Screenlet called "Sysmonitor" and the wallpaper os a Resident Evil wall with the Debian logo added. All can be found at Gnome-Look.org

post-21421-1233685932_thumb.jpg

Guest ajmatson

Come on I know there are more of us who use alternate OS's. Post it up lets share the customization goodies.

ajmatson I like the background. I don't like the debian logo placement but the desktop looks good.

I just use a standard background so mines pretty boring. I'm running debian with dual 19" monitors

boringDebianBackground.png

If somebody wanted to make a 2880x900 size background I might use it.

I also have a mac with the default background (stars looking thing). But at least those are better than my xp background which is a plain blue. I used nlite and got rid of all the default backgrounds and color schemes (along with a bunch of other junk).

this thread got me looking for backgrounds. It's hard to find good 1440x900 backgrounds much less a 2880x900.

Just search the resolution on Google. I found quite a few that had a ton of pictures that were either 2880x900 or larger (so they were easy to crop).