Newegg "egg-saver" Shipping

ExRoadie

I've used the cheap shipping and since I order on like a monday I get it by friday.

Since I have a NewEgg Preferred account they rush to the ship it so maybe that's why.

I just don't like paying more for shipping than the item is worth and I don't like

ordering stuff I really don't need just because I am spending so much for shipping anyway.

Ups blows, here's a picture of the box of a item I ordered, it's a wonder it wasn't totally ruined!

Look at the arrows on the box they cannot read <_<

FedEx always takes better case of my stuff.

post-9745-1231612714_thumb.jpg

post-9745-1231613009_thumb.jpg

I wouldn't have a problem with the long shipping time if the shipping was "free". I paid $3.99 for "egg saver" shipping which lead to this debacle. If I had paid attention and chosen UPS 3 Day for $6.99 the package would have been here in at most two days and I would have felt it was money well spent.

My USB Memory Sticks did arrive in my mailbox Monday(today) exactly seven days after placing the order. Of course one had to be DOA so now I have to go through the RMA process and I'm planning on using UPS to return the item.

I spoke with the President of newegg about their change from FedEx to other methods of shipping back when they made the move. The change was made to allow some competition from UPS on shipping charges while at the same time reducing the "assumed" cost of shipping from the newegg bottom line.

Free FedEx shipping was a "loss-leader" for newegg when they were trying to build up their customer base and volume. Once their goals were achieved they simply started passing on the costs of shipping to the customer.

How many of you guys remember all the freebies they used to include? I've got a couple of beach towels, numerous t-shirts, a coffee mug, business card holder, analog clock, calculator and several other items including a very high quality backpack.

I always go for the UPS option because it usually takes a day and I dont like surprises. I do remember when they did freebies, I got a CD Case from them a few years back and even though the zipper crapped out I havent gotten anything like that since and Ive thrown a whole lot of money at newegg.

Its still better than smartpost :|

• 1 month later...

I guess I had to learn the hard way. The RAM I ordered shipped from NJ a full week ago is still not here. I get stuff from NJ by UPS the next day. <_< This sucks, Newegg. Why not just send it USPS in the first place? How much could it cost to mail a stick of RAM?

I got my unbranded HP monitor from fedex and the box had noticeably been dropped hard 2 times. Pissed me off badly and luckily it still works.

Edited by FUZi0N

I guess I had to learn the hard way. The RAM I ordered shipped from NJ a full week ago is still not here. I get stuff from NJ by UPS the next day. <_< This sucks, Newegg. Why not just send it USPS in the first place? How much could it cost to mail a stick of RAM?

Yeah same here... I thought of doing egg-saver before... From the looks of this thread I'm glad I never did.

The fact the USPS picks it up and brings it to DHL according to the tracking is ridiculous. Took 2 weeks to get memory from California to Las Vegas. I'll pay for shipping thank you very much.

UPS isn't faultless. They nearly destroyed my 42" monitor on it's trip from Boise, ID to Clemson, SC. The box was torn to shreds and the 8" thick packing foam was demolished. Luckily it still worked...

The fact the USPS picks it up and brings it to DHL according to the tracking is ridiculous. Took 2 weeks to get memory from California to Las Vegas. I'll pay for shipping thank you very much.

DHL picks it up from Newegg and drops it off at one of their global hubs and then it goes to the good 'ol USPS.

I just had some new RAM ordered that went from Newegg's Memphis warehouse(If I used UPS it would have arrived within two busness days, I'm in Texas).

It then went North to Kentucky(DHL's hub) and arrived through the USPS 5 business days later(from my initial order date).

Unless you don't have the time to wait, save a few bucks and use Egg-saver, to each his own.