Newegg "egg-saver" Shipping

ExRoadie

I recently made the mistake of falling for the "egg-saver" shipping on newegg and it isn't pretty.

The default shipping option was traditionally "UPS Three Day" which meant I got my shipments from the Memphis depot in one day and at most two days. The cost of "UPS Three Day" shipping for items such as this was always $3.99.

I ordered a couple of 8GB USB memory sticks and clicked the $3.99 shipping as usual. My mistake!

It was only after waiting two days for the tracking number to become valid that I realized I had actually chosen the new default "egg-saver" shipping of $3.99 for certain small packages. The newegg email tracking link took two days to become active and simply said, "Status: Shipment Accepted" which was so very helpful.

Another day passed before the DHL system activity indicated that they had "Tendered to USPS" my package in Hebron, Ky. Now the tracking for USPS states that my package is back in Memphis for delivery by the US Postal Service.

So, egg-saver shipping while cheap is no bargain for me. It will take a minimum of a week for DHL and USPS to deliver a "3 ounce mailer" package to my mailbox when I could have paid better attention and spent the additional $3.00 to get it deliverd in one or two days.

Pay attention and do not make the same mistake I made.

you are not alone as i am currently waiting some ddr3 that i ordered last tuesday....shipping fron la puente ca....50 miles from my house ....i woulda went an picked it up if i knew it was gonna take this long....same story though...dhl/usps service is not really what you'd call "service"....my creator must be trying to teach me something...??...patience maybe...??....have a happy saturday....!!

As long as your not in a hurry I guess its ok, no it aint it sucks. Give us back the free 3 day delivery with UPS... B:)

The 3 day never took 3 days for me, took like a week at least all the time. :(

Never had a problem with Egg-Saver, though it typically took 4-5 days instead of 3 like 3 day shipping does. But hey, it's free, usually. Can't complain about that. I always do either 2 or 3-day UPS if I'm ordering large orders though.