Want To Transfer Everything!!!!!!!!

stewy_fallingup

So I built the computer below in my signature and had a Dell XPS 400 with an 80gb Vista drive in it. I now have that in my new computer with a 640gb drive. What I want to do is take the 80gb drive and move it to the 640gb. Already tried cloning and that didn't work. Got any programs that could help. Oh and I also already have Vista installed on the 640gb so I could boot on that.

yea just hook up the old drive to the new computer and copy the files over ---

most of those programs that you are talking about will have to be reinstalled in order to work properly.--

the way I got around it was to use the old drive as the main drive and the new larger drive for data and new

programs, I uninstalled all the video, sound, and motherboard drivers before I put the old drive as the boot drive in the

new computer sometimes I still have to run windows repair to get windows to come up.... I did that by reinstalling window to the same dir

windows would find the old install ask me if I wanted ti repair it and I would pick yes

No you cant i want the programs too which involves coping the windows files which you cant override while in use.

yeah, just be running the new computer and then have the other in there as an "extra harddrive" not the "primary boot drive"

It'll let you copy the stuff over, though the programs may not work because the will still need to be *installed*

acronis true image does what you want i think

It will create an image but he will also need to sysprep it. Much simpler to reinstall the programs since this is a one time thing.