Gaming System From Cyberpower Tested

Nemo

We're getting down to the wire for the deadline to enter the 2008 OCC Christmas Giveaway. The Grand Prize in this year's contest is a full gaming system from CyberPower. While you're waiting for the results to be posted, how about checking out what that system has to offer? - http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/cy...amer_xtreme_xt/

Guest ajmatson

Holly H#*! that is a sweet system. I envy the winner of the Christmas Contest. Nice review there CCokeman. :)

Just an update on this system guys. There was a mistake in pricing its $1599 with the thermaltake case not $1499 that was listed. I have corrected the pricing in the article.

Still at $1599 pretty smokin deal still :)

I configured a system on their website as I plan to upgrade the ol' E6600, it's very tempting with pretty good pricing, I'll definitely be considering CyberpowerPC post-Christmas money and paycheck :P

Why did you go out of your way to say "(not a Dell)"? You can build pretty sweet systems with them, too, you just get something closer to what we are looking for right out of the box with a company like CyberPower.

I could have used HP, Gateway or MAc. THey use a ton of proprietary stuff and do you honestly think a dell would perform at this level? For the same price! By the way Congratz to the Wacokid who won this system. Treat it well and enjoy.

I could have used HP, Gateway or MAc. THey use a ton of proprietary stuff and do you honestly think a dell would perform at this level? For the same price! By the way Congratz to the Wacokid who won this system. Treat it well and enjoy.
I agree that it would not perform as well. You never know exactly what brand of motherboard, RAM, etc. that they may be using in their systems, only the CPU and GPU type info.

Compared to other mainstream pre-congifugred PC manufacturers, like Dell, Cyberpower gives the buyer great deals. For example, Dell charges 1.2 Grand to upgrade to the 965 from the 920 in their XPS 730X model, while Cyberpower charges .760 grand to upgrade to the 965 using the Gamer Xtreme XT customizable model