Watching Avi Movies On Xbox 360 Via Wmp

crysis9000

Does anyone know what movie file types I can watch on my XBox 360 using Window Media Player? I hooked up my XBox to my PC using Windows Media Player (Vista), but it doesn't seem to want to play any of my AVI movies. Any help or advice would be great. Thanks.

if it doesnt want to play avi files you need update your 360, about a year ago they released mp4, avi (divx) support. i never had a problem playing any avi file. put a avi dvix or mp4 file on a usb drive and try to play it on the 360 and when connected to the internet it will tell you to download some codecs.

edit: im waiting for MKV support, anyone else with me?

if it doesnt want to play avi files you need update your 360, about a year ago they released mp4, avi (divx) support. i never had a problem playing any avi file. put a avi dvix or mp4 file on a usb drive and try to play it on the 360 and when connected to the internet it will tell you to download some codecs.

edit: im waiting for MKV support, anyone else with me?

The godsend for us PS3 users is MKV to VOB. it also muxes to VOB, MP4 M2TS from MKV takes just a few seconds. This may work for 360 if it supports those formats