Such A Waste

r3d c0m3t

5 deaths from a single user suggests something is being done improperly.

I followed the instructions with them down to a fine tooth comb, I even left loads of ventilation, the first one i got a launch was on for 5 mins before I got a rrod. The most recent return was a v. shoddy repair, they managed to mess up the disk drive and it lasted 20 minutes before it refused to read anything. MS told me it was like diagnosing an illness and the doctor giving tablets that had a side affect, that was the straw and I ended up having a row with the bloke and getting told off for using the word bloody - that just annoyed me even more as I was trying to watch my language. In the end I rang back and asked for the supervisor who started a new repair, sending out another cardboard box (next day this time though) and free copy of forza 2. The old gen of 360's are ashoddy built system and i will probably have to send it back again until MS just give me a new gen one and stop trying to repair it.

I updated my PS3 Firmware a few days ago, but I don't play enough. So I haven't run into any of the problems yet. Yea the PS3 does pause while you Quit a game through XMB. I'm not sure if the 360 pauses or not or just does it instantly. I got all 3 consoles and I honestly rather play my PC over all 3.

LittleBigPlanet is fun, but WoW is just too addicting :P.

The older gen 360s fail a lot, I know some people who have gone to at least 6 RRODs. They have their 360s in the wide open. It's Microsoft's fault, not that of the user. I haven't gotten any RROD with the 360 I bought when Halo 3 came out. Probably because no1 in my house plays the 360 as others might.

Edited by Krazyxazn

Huh... only time I've sent a 360 back to m$ they sent a brand new one instead of reparing it... maybe before sending it off, make sure it's properly buggered? :lol:

It really boils down to the fact that, if you want consoles to remain affordable then the manufacturers will have to continue to make a loss on them. If they continue to make a loss on them, they're not going have the best build quality. I'd rather send a few consoles back, and have a few days without gaming than have to pay an extra