Bailout For American Car Companies

Queenz

American Automotive's BAILOUT!  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think they should be bailed out?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
    • Hell no, they don't deserve a bailout
    • No, cause I hate American cars
    • No, cause they got themselves into this position
    • Hell to the freaking no! Why should I have to pay for their mistakes
    • Foreign cars FTMFW!! boooo down with American Automotive's
    • NOO!! We got our economy to worry about more than some stupid car companies

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ajmatson

I think they really need to give back to us when this is over with some really cheap deals on cars. They never bail us out.

Well yes, the poll is totally screwed up. I think a child could have made a better one.

Bail them out? Well, it's your money Mister America, but as much as I would LOVE to see them get a swift kick up the arse and learn their lesson, it simply won't happen. They'll get bailed out somehow and carry on operating like a bunch of retards. It'd cost too much for thousands of workers to be unemployed.

sorry I put the first three choices as serious ones and the rest dumb ones lol. Any recommendations?

I'd take a foreign car over an American car anyday. But one area where American car companies shine are trucks.

The only reason I voted yes is because when they go down think of how all the sudden tens of thousands of americans will be jobless. I don't think they should get a complete bailout but enough to keep them afloat.

I'm not sure about the situation in the states, but here in Canada, car manufacturing companies under GM were paying employees who stood on a manufacturing line in excess of 70 grand per year, it's no wonder they are doing poorly! That's partially due to the unions, but there are other manufacturing plants located here as well, such the likes as Toyota who are doing well

-Here's another idea, how about cutting the salaries of the GM head guys, who flew to DC in private jets to request bailout money, from a country who's already billions in debt

(I love commas, I know)

Blanket statements like this make about as much sense as your poll choices.

Foreign cars are better. Every American car I've been in has rough rides, pointless stuff in it, and made of cheap crappy plastic. It's funny how a modded Japanese turbocharged V6 could outperform a stupid American gas guzzling 8.4L V10.

It's funny, I see those dumb Ford commercials where they say, Ford's quality is now the same as Toyota or something :rolleyes: American car companies need to stick to different designs. All the cars look the same practically. Who wants to pay extra for some dumb rebadged junk. Here is a perfect example:

Yukon XL

2007gmcyukonxldenalipicturefrontvie.jpg

Escalade

2007-cadillac-escalade.jpg

Just a dumb rebadged Yukon with some luxury amenities. I could say the same about Chrysler, Ford, and GM, and all their ton of repeated crap.

Ford example:

Ford Edge

BF1106showroom_07FordEdge.gif

Lincoln MKX

2008-Lincoln-MKX-Front-And-Side-102.jpg

Oh Queenz, you said the one area where US car makers shine are trucks.... well, I wouldn't call that kind of fuel consumption shine! Slap a huge V8 into the car that has little torque, where the same could easily be done with a 5 or 6 cylinder Diesel! Believe me, the 2.5TDI (5-Cylinder with 174HP on the lowest level) could do the job much more efficient!