Seagate's 1.5tb Hard Drive Evaluated

Nemo

seagate drives are indeed awesome though I have noticed that both the 750gb and 1tb ones I bought had to be formatted weird with this hidden windows drive manager. I never had to do that with any other drivers only the seagate (i bet the 1.5tb is no exception)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
They are 1.36 TB before being formatted as well...

hahahaha

my 300 GB drive is filling up.. and i remember when i was complaining about the amount of useless programs win98 installed, and how i could free up 20 mb or more deleting them. :D

when we start hearing petabytes, i'll be scared.

• 2 years later...

guys i have this Drive in my new PC, when i open something that is stored on it , it takes a while to open it especially when i am not accessing it. for instance : i was playing Starcraft II which is Stored on the SSD and when i closed it and opened a movie from the Drive it took it a while to open it.

Is this normal or what ? and one more thing, one day i left the PC opened for about 30 hrs and when i woke up next day the power LED on the case's bezel was light up, i pressed the power button and it showed the logon screen.

i did not find the drive in "My Computer" and i checked the "device manager" it was not recognized !!!!!!!!!!! what about that ? i had to restart it and every thing was back to normal .. it happened twice till now.

and do you thing i should have gone with the WD 1TB Black ??? (not for performance, i am talking about the reliability )

Edited by N.E.A

lmfao

those WD models are like over 3 years old

that's called 'fixing' the benchmarks :ouch:

edit:

lmfao, this thread is like 3 years old!

:fp:

when you dont access a hard drive for over 30mins it's called 'going' to sleep

it is normal for a drive to have spool up time when u turn it on again or try to access a folder on it

your drive could be dying though, you need to look into it more and start backing up important stuff

Edited by potatochobit

I have a lot of bad luck with WD but have great luck with Seagate go figure.

Ya that doesn't sound right, it could be the drive acting up. Have you done a disk check on it?

no i have not, should i do it with AIDA64 ??

How is it for normal use? Have you tried connecting it on another controller on the board?

Try turning off some of your power saving stuff like Hiberation, etc.

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/uploads/monthly_02_2011/post-67610-12988467195105_thumb.png

i changed the power settings from balanced to high performance, and i found the "turn off HD " as you can see in the photo i think it was responsible for what happened ..any more thoughts, ideas ?? and about the another controller i do not see how would that make a difference

post-67610-12988467195105_thumb.png