Gigabyte Hd 4850 On The Test Bench

jammin

We know the HD 4850 is a good value card, but how does this Gigabyte variation fare?

Read the review here

We know the HD 4850 is a good value card, but how does this Gigabyte variation fare?

Read the review here

Good review, just have a few questions.

Does having a Gigabyte video card in a Gigabyte MB, GA-MA790FX-DS5, run any better then let say the Sapphire card, I would think not but I figure it won't hurt to ask.

The more important question, I currently have 2 Power Color HD 2600 pro which I plan to replace and I'm trying to determine If I would be better off with 2 4850's crossfire or one 4870. I haven't seen any test results that compared the two configurations. Currently I'm playing BioShock and using it for other normal uses.

If this is the incorrect place to post this question I'm sorry and please direct of place this in the correct spot.

Thanks

Jeff

Good review, just have a few questions.

Does having a Gigabyte video card in a Gigabyte MB, GA-MA790FX-DS5, run any better then let say the Sapphire card, I would think not but I figure it won't hurt to ask.

The more important question, I currently have 2 Power Color HD 2600 pro which I plan to replace and I'm trying to determine If I would be better off with 2 4850's crossfire or one 4870. I haven't seen any test results that compared the two configurations. Currently I'm playing BioShock and using it for other normal uses.

If this is the incorrect place to post this question I'm sorry and please direct of place this in the correct spot.

Thanks

Jeff

Thank you for the feedback.

To answer your question, having a Gigabyte card in a Gigabyte motherboard does not give you an performance gains that I know of.

The Crossfilre 4850s would most likely give you the best performance but for the price and what you're using it for, it might be better for you to get a single 4870. If that's not enough, you can always get another 4870 to run Crossfire with the first card.

Thanks again for your post

• 2 years later...

Hello there, I am a video game fanatic and just can’t get enough of it with my current system configuration. With 2 gb ram, is adding gigabyte hd4850 an overkill? It looks pretty in purple and claims to have high power. As of now, my system is dead slow and it gets heated up quickly too. Has anybody over here tried it yet? How is the resolution and speed? Does it heat up your system, what coolers would you suggest?