Movie That Will Rock Your Sound System

BROWNjello109

what is a movie/dvd that would really put your sound system to work? something loaded with bass and has enough surround to put you in the movie.

pearl harbor was pretty good, but anything else?

thanks,

(i kind of thought this was on the Audio side, but since it has to do with movies, thought i would be better off in Multimedia)

Edited by BROWNjello109

The entirety of the mines of moria in LOTR Fellowship is awesome, specifically the balrog scene. Not just bass but the surround, the slow arrows after gandolf falls when they leave, the echo is awesome, th balrog screaming, the hundreds of orc crawling arround them, the troll throwing stuff across the screen, etc.

I think I have watched that scence like 100 times

Opening scene of Blade

Most newer Bond Movies

Matrix - Morpheous resuce scene starting in lobby

The mask of Zorro - Mine blowing up at the end

Those are the ones I use for my full blown home theater.

Top Left: The front wall with the 110" 16X9 screen, two Definitive Technology tower speaker with 125 watt powered sub in each, and center channel

Top Right: The back wall and ceiling. Ceiling is the projector unit. Left and right wall has surrounds. Back wall has Blade Runner, Matrix, and Spiderman movie posters

Bottom Left: Media Center. Component rack on the left; PS1, PS2, and N64 in the center; DVD's and CD on the Right

Bottom Right: Components (sorry for the lousy pic) Top to Bottom; Yamaha DSP-A3090 Receiver; Tuner; Sony DVP-S7000 dvd player; Digital cable box; VCR; Panamax surge protector; tape deck

Edited by Raife

the best sound test is the podracer scene from Epsoide 1. It is the first thing I poped in when I got my home theater system... I can remember thinking "what the heck... I feel a draft but my windows are closed" and then realized that it was coming from my sub woofer