New DFI Lanparty UT NF590 SLI-MR2/G

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But heat pipe doesnt allow for BTX configurations, or atleast physics limits it...I like the fan, a passive solution would be nice but hey, you cant have everything, and these boards arent even out yet, and seeing that the fan is on the lower side of the motherboard it appears as though a passive cooler might fit just fine.

Hmmm...seems like a lot of empty space on that board, and there isn't much thats been sinked (yet).

As for the heatpipe cooler...I'm opposed since I have a Lian-Li (upside down) case, and they're tougher to get off and replace I'll bet.

well

here's how this works lol

back in the NF2 and NF3 days, everyone complained that we only included a cheap aluminum sink instead of an actively cooled solution like everyone else

we told you then "if we give you a fan, then it will break down and we'll get swamped with RMA's because this is exactly what has happened with Abit, Asus, Giga, etc, everyone that offers an active colling solution"

you said "nuh-uh no way we want a fan!"

and we said "ok, here it is"

and you all now say "this PIECE OF #$^@#$ SUX I DON'T WANT IT I WANT SOMETHING BETTER!!!"

and then so we would say "ok, we'll include this Evercool and jack the price up $10"

and you would say "ok this is great!"

and then a couple of months later you would say "THIS PIECE OF @#%@#$ SUX I DON'T WANT IT ANYMORE I WAN'T THE NOW!!!"

and we'd say "ah, but this is why never wanted to do this in the first place because we know these are modder's dreams, overclocker's love affairs, and the first thing anyone that this board is targeted at will do is change teh cpu cooler to aftermarket, change the chipset cooler(s) to aftermarket, and whatever else they don't like about the board"

;)

:( - tell your boys at dfi, that we want heatpipe. although, yes, those wit Lian li's might have a hard time, i dont see why every other manufacturer would stick copper heatpipe solutions, and we get the PoS magnet bearing fan. :(

but, i guess i;d obviously give that up for dfis performance :P

Got anymore pics of the girls? Like theSATA connectors though. Never really understood the excitement over the heat pipe and good platd fan passive works just finebut I am happy every one is happy..... and anymore hot aasin girls?

:( - tell your boys at dfi, that we want heatpipe. although, yes, those wit Lian li's might have a hard time, i dont see why every other manufacturer would stick copper heatpipe solutions, and we get the PoS magnet bearing fan. :(

but, i guess i;d obviously give that up for dfis performance :P

nope

never again will I tell DFI anything of this sort because as soon as they change over to a heatpipe, 50% of you will be up in arms screaming about it ain't good enough, it sux compared to the Evercool, it sux compared to this, you hate it, it won't allow you to do this or that, etc.

I have told DFI to just go back to basic sink and let everyone mod the board how they want because in the end, that is exactly what most of us do anyway.