New DFI Lanparty UT NF590 SLI-MR2/G

The inquirer.net has a preview of the new NF590 based AM2 board!

ANOTHER BOARD that jumped out at me while wandering the show floor was the new DFI Lanparty UT NF590 SLI-MR2/G. Under this sexy name lies a decidedly unique idea, take all those extra PCIe channels provided by the NF5 chipset, and put them to good use.

DFI_4_X_8.jpg

You will notice that between the two 16x slots on this NF590 chipset mobo, DFI put in two different sockets. Instead of two 1x slots, this DFI has a 4x and an 8x, a potentially useful and fun setup. Actually, the 4x only has 2 lanes running into it, but that is not a huge disadvantage.

If you want to run a decent RAID system on your SLI box, or you want to do multiple GigE channels, you probably would welcome the extra bandwidth. Even if you only have a few 1x cards, the slots are still backwards compatible, so there is absolutely no harm in having them there. In doing this, DFI made a pretty unique board with only up sides, almost no down sides, and a negligible added cost. µ

Looks awesome - as per usual with DFI!

Matt

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

because I'm happy for a bit, use this opportunity to talk about the board that this thread is about.

rumor/speculation that gets out of hand = you lose this priv and that means no more discussions of upcoming products.

If you don't yet know why we don't allow these discussions, consider that one of you will come in here telling everyone that you KNOW something about this board that is so farfetched and full of bs that 100 of you will believe it, and for each one of you, it will take me an average of 100 posts to discount your stupidly repeated rumor that has zero truth to it.

NONE of you has a board, so NONE of you knows exactly what is up with this board.

anyone that does have a board, here's your warning to NOT post in this thread because I don't have time to police you. I will simply ban you because the board you might have is a pre-production/beta/test board and not indicative of the final product.

Period.

If you don't like this, then you agree to not post at all in this thread.

I'm personally as excited to get my hands on an AM2 board and a Conroe board.

But I won't allow discussion of anything that is out of bounds (such as you saying you know something about the board because you don't and I don't care who at XS has a board, they are all beta/pre-production boards are NOT indicative of the final product...as I just said).

sounds harsh, I am sure.

But I just explained that I don't have time to patrol for nonsense and I dang sure don't have time to spend over the next month or three dispelling stupid useless rumors or events caused by idiot users who have a PRE-PRODUCTION/BETA board and something goes wrong and burns up a cpu or gpu.

YOU TAKE THE RISKS OF USING SUCH EQUIPMENT...DON'T COME INTO THIS FORUM THINKING YOU ARE GOING TO RELAY SUCH INFO AS TRUTH TOWARDS WHAT THE FINAL PRODUCT WILL BE.

Indeed kind of harsh happy but true, as for the board it looks AMAZING! The setup of the heatsinks and the chipset fan being lower and not in the way of the pci-express slots (ultra-d to sli-dr but not in the expert/venus) is just overall a huge improvement.

I also noticed alot of the necessary plug ins are at the extreme side of the edge.

In my opinion this will/should be one of the best AM2 motherboards as are the s939/754 motherboards.

I'm glad it's down to a single IDE slot as well, clears up room for other things. And I too am glad they're holding to later designs with the ram to the side, I really believe it's more efficient.

Any bets on how many here will pull off the both the chipset and southbridge heatsinks for alternative cooling?

Guest caffeinejunkie

When I go am2 id def mod that

two VC-REs on there would be sexy lol (I hope they fit)

I like the overall new layout of the board

just gives it this certain look that stands out or somethin

Until AMD releases 65nm CPU's, what's the point? Might as well wait for conroe and see who has the better product. Then buy that one and force the other company to come out with something even better.

I guess we'll see it when it,when it goes into production. I really enjoyed the nf3 thread when the 939 nf3 L-P finally came out. Praises to the "adopters".(That was alot of good readin')

I like the layout too, but...if these is a pre release model, i hope they change that POS chipset cooler...we are sooooooo fed up with that crap.

well

here's how this works lol

back in the NF2 and NF3 days, everyone complained that we only included a cheap aluminum sink instead of an actively cooled solution like everyone else

we told you then "if we give you a fan, then it will break down and we'll get swamped with RMA's because this is exactly what has happened with Abit, Asus, Giga, etc, everyone that offers an active colling solution"

you said "nuh-uh no way we want a fan!"

and we said "ok, here it is"

and you all now say "this PIECE OF #$^@#$ SUX I DON'T WANT IT I WANT SOMETHING BETTER!!!"

and then so we would say "ok, we'll include this Evercool and jack the price up $10"

and you would say "ok this is great!"

and then a couple of months later you would say "THIS PIECE OF @#%@#$ SUX I DON'T WANT IT ANYMORE I WAN'T THE NOW!!!"

and we'd say "ah, but this is why never wanted to do this in the first place because we know these are modder's dreams, overclocker's love affairs, and the first thing anyone that this board is targeted at will do is change teh cpu cooler to aftermarket, change the chipset cooler(s) to aftermarket, and whatever else they don't like about the board"

;)

Nice very nice layout....but, wheres conroe at?....Also how much are one of these babies going to cost?...230 like all the others? Well cost really doesnt matter, hopefully this Nforce 5 chipset takes advantage of those x16 PCI slots and those of us with SLI can really see some benifit.

having 16x lanes isn't going to make a difference (there's no real difference between 8x8x and 16x16x right now)

what is going to make a difference is games being coded to take advantage of dual core, dual gpu, and the drivers for the gpu.

Ah....well damn. Well then we need these code guys to start taking advantage of all this technology that is coming out, we have all these great things and we just cant take advantage of them all.