nvraid error in Event Viewer

I been having computers problem for the last week or so and I thought it was my RAID 0 setup b/c I would check my event viewer after locking up and it would say nvraid...The driver detected a controller error on. I even bought one new HDD and changed the cables but I still get the error. Well after a while I pinpointed when I get the error...on startup but this doesn't cause my system to freeze etc. So it seems like a meaningless error if it isn't causing me issues.

A friend of mine said he got this error as well with his raid 0 setup on his DFI motherboard what he did was disable the nvraid service, which I searched in services and I do not have in there. So I guess it doesn't really matter if it keeps giving me the error in event viewer since it doesn't bother me, hehe I wouldn't even notice if I didnt have PC problems the last week and checked event viewer. So does anyone have a simple explanation of this error and how to get rid of it?

I'm using BigToe's beta bios of the newest official release..406BTA. I'm also using the newest nvidia drivers, 6.70 for WinXP.

Thanks

• 5 months later...

Board is actually and truely stable :) ...Memtested overnight with no problems... What happens is at a reboot, the system gets to the desktop, then reboots. After the second time, it cames up that windows has recovered from a serious error and had to be restarted. Windows says it was a driver error. I looked in the event viewer and the only error under system was NVRAID error, The driver detected a controller error on . Event ID 11

Have you checked your hdd especially the ones on the raid stripe using seagates utilitys????????I cant remember what they are but if you hunt you will find them, i would run them on all yer hdd's just to make sure none of them are gonna take a dump on ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Logan

im currently running 2 seagates in raid 0 and i never add that error, im also using the 6.86 driver package with the IDE sw driver installed.

does your seagates support SATAII features?? mine are the 7200.9 version (slim one) and they work great.

That error is most times caused by overall instability.

If the rig insn't prime stable for 24 hours or so you could have done enough damage to the OS to require a clean install.

Faulty or damaged SATA cables or controller on the drive can generate the same error conditions.

Errors on the nF4 SATA controller will identify them as an actual controller error.

Damn... I just got everything installed :(

I guess I'll need to do a reinstall...are the DFI csata cables any good? I noticed they are alot thinner than the cables I got from ASUS...Maybe I should change them out first...

Hope it's not the drives...If I disable the raid array for now, I'm guessing this will end the problem until I can do a reinstall?

Thanks, Larry