Who's Afraid Of The Big Bad RIAA?

xboarder

Are you afraid that the RIAA will sue you for filesharing?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Are you afraid that the RIAA will sue you for filesharing?

• Yes, and I have stopped sharing files now
    • No, I am smarter than the RIAA and will never get caught
    • Somewhat, but who cares? I'm still just gonna take a risk
    • I'm a good law abiding citizen, I don't swapfiles!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'm not so much afraid of being sued, but I am afraid of losing my cable modem. Just a month ago when I came back from my vacation I notice I wasn't able to connect to the Internet. I call up Chatter Communication, and they told me that someone successfully downloaded a copy written program from me on direct connect and then reported my IP address to my ISP. They told me they will turn my service back on, but they will cut me off for good if I get reported again. So now the only thing I share on direct connect is 10GB of Linux OS's.

im not worried as i get most of my stuff via mIRC, i know ip's can be traced, but is osmeone is sporting a 10,000+ list of music vids and progs, and you download off that person, that equals entrapment, also, im not too sure how much it really effects us canadians... speaking of which tho, did you guys hear about that 12 year old girl from ny that was served notice from riaa?

im not worried as i get most of my stuff via mIRC, i know ip's can be traced, but is osmeone is sporting a 10,000+ list of music vids and progs, and you download off that person, that equals entrapment, also, im not too sure how much it really effects us canadians... speaking of which tho, did you guys hear about that 12 year old girl from ny that was served notice from riaa?

Yeah I heard about that.... Lamest lawsuit ever, and you guys know there have been some good ones, usually pertaining to McDonalds.

Unfortunately the 12yr olds Mother settled with them for $2,000 and that was for about 250 songs.It just makes thier gonads swell that much bigger because the public outcry was't there to squeeze thier nads. Pick on the little people is what they want to do . How bout them getting sued for price fixing?Thats what needs to happen .

The RIAA only inspects users who d/l a substantial amount of data (Im talking GB(s) and TB(s)

I dont really care b/c they cant get everyone muhahah

Actually, from what i've heard, it's the other way around. They're not focusing on the downloaders, but rather those that share a bunch (uploaders). At least that's what i heard.

How bout them getting sued for price fixing?Thats what needs to happen .

oh heck yeah!!!!!

$20 for a cd? If record companies wouldn't charge $20+ for a friggin cd is crazy. 20 yrs ago when the cd came out the promise was it would be cheaper. back to 2003, and they haven't gone up!!!!

oh well, i could nag all night long about the riaa, and thier tactics... but it won't change anything

they still suck