OCZ RAM Problem

Maybe you guys should take a look at this thread:

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36672

PyrO is a mate of mine and we are both still waiting for a answer from both DFI and their Tech Support whom set up a similar system to test to find the problem, only trouble is, is they never posted the results as promised, I think they have discovered a problem and are trying to find away around it, my memory luckily works fine in the orange slots but if I put it in the yellow slots my machine wont post at all.

Trust me this is nothing to do with my system, as its run much better than this in countless other boards, its this board, so if you guy's are going to RMA anything, make it the board.

The following settings are straight from OCZ and worked great with my ram where the optimized defaults did not.

DRAM Config

enable

1560 or 3120

auto (704-2BT bios does not have this setting)

enabled

auto

Level 6 or 8 (called Normal 3 and 4 in 704-2BT bios)

Level 2

8ns

normal

6ns

disable

disable

Try it with the Dram voltage at 2.6V. If still not stable raise it to 2.7V. Also, the 704-2BT bios was better as well if you want to give that a try.

Sorry, I just glanced at a few of the post and didnt realize what the real problem was. In any case, once you get the dual core problem solved, those settings are the performance settings for the Ram. I was able to get better overclocks with them personally. Hope you get your real problem solved.

Sorry, I just glanced at a few of the post and didnt realize what the real problem was. In any case, once you get the dual core problem solved, those settings are the performance settings for the Ram. I was able to get better overclocks with them personally. Hope you get your real problem solved.

I hope so too. It was brought up elsewhere and I'm not so satisfied with the responses from the DFI representative.