OCZ RAM Problem

I am new to DFI board. I just bought DFI UT NF4 SLI-DR Expert and 2x1GB OCZ RAM PC3200, 2-3-2-5, (1024MB EL Dual Channel Plantinum Edition) with P/N: OCZ4002048ELDCPE-K.

When I installed 1GB in Slot 2 (first orange slot), I encountered no problem at all. However, when I installed 2x1GB into Slot 2 and 4 (both Orange) the system booted up into Windows. However, it restarted for a few times and go to a screen where it shows some file directory and stopped there!

I have not changed BIOS settings or its version at all (Nov 2005).

Could anyone advise me:

1. if I have to change any setting in the BIOS or change its versions?

2. if so, could I follow the setting given on:

http://dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32158

Please help me, anyone....

Thanks for your advice. I am learning to do what you have suggested. In addition, I am running Memtest 86 at the moment.

If anyone is using the same RAM, please advise me on the settings that would work.

I really appreciate your help. Thank you very much.

bump your voltage up to 2.74 or above..not past 2.8 though

set

tcl=2(cas)

trcd=3(ras to cas)

trp=2(ras precharge)

tras=5(act to precharge)

that is as far as i have set mine and they run stable through 8 iterations on memtest (8x 8 tests)

i haven't messed with any of the other settings yet, i need to do a lot more reading first

good luck

Yes the rev 2 is warranted up to 2.9v im assuming that’s what u have since it is a new purchase. Sorry about being so long to get back to u on my settings there dfin…well I was unable to use the orange slots but yellow worked fine. I did not have to adjust any timings for they all worked on auto. It seems the max mhz @ such is about 230 so to run my oc @ 2.5ghz I had to use a divider 9:10 and up the volts to 2.8. I can run 250 mhz by loosing my cas to 3 but I have found (personally) to have better performance and stability using a divider. But then again ur using expert so ……lol who knows.

The best thing is to do ur homework. :)

Thanks for your advice. I am learning to do what you have suggested. In addition, I am running Memtest 86 at the moment.

If anyone is using the same RAM, please advise me on the settings that would work.

I really appreciate your help. Thank you very much.

i have that ram and well just plug an played i used the orange slots