Slow WindowsXP BootUp

hey, finally back with a problem..

Well for the last weeks, or every since i started my windows xp loads quite slow at the bott up screen. were those blue things go back and forth loading. it usually takes atleast 30-45Seconds to actually to get into Windows like this..

currently using my 80GB drive in post as 1st.

Thanks

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am running Win64 and with my HDD (3.0Gb/s - SATA2), my Windows load time is about the same. You may want to try some software to clean out the Windows registry; personally, I use "Tweaknow Powerpack 2006 Professional" to ensure the Windows registry and pre-fetch folders are kept clean. As long as the system doesn't have regular lock-ups on initial boot, I wouldn't worry. Good luck.

You know what you should do, just get up to 5 registry cleaning softwares and clean up the registry clutter and compact it. I did that and my hard drive boots up in windows xp very fast (like the blue bar moves to the end for only one loop, if you know what I mean). My hard drive is 16 mb cache and sata II though.

You know I just started having this problem. I had this problem with a cheap mobo I had and chalked it up to having a cheap mobo. I would like to think that I no longer have the "cheap" mobo problem.

Now when my computer starts up there is a lot of hard drive activity the light just flashes constantly and it takes awhile to get into windows. I do not know how to troubleshoot a problem like this. Do you guys think it was something installed and a reg cleaner would work or do you think its my DVD drive?

i DELETED ALL ide controllers in windows hardware manager and re-installed the nForce4 AMD 6.70 drivers. After rebooting, THREE new hardware found screens showed up one after another, I had to point some files manually as the driver installation prompted for them, they were in c:windowssystem32 and c:windowssystem32drivers

After this, the next reboot took 12 bluey "times" instead of the previously 30 times.

cya

Try Typing "Msconfig" in the run window, go into the startup services and disable practically everything you don't need,you don't really need anyting at startup, then go into the services tab, checkmark the hide all microsoft services, then disable the things you don't need but becareful not to disable any of the microsoft services thats why you should hide them all. hope this helps.

You know what you should do, just get up to 5 registry cleaning softwares and clean up the registry clutter and compact it. I did that and my hard drive boots up in windows xp very fast (like the blue bar moves to the end for only one loop, if you know what I mean). My hard drive is 16 mb cache and sata II though.

I really do agree with the registry clean up and you should consider it as well. ;)