Blue screen of Death ... what's wrong?

Yeah, What a problem this is....

I can run memtest for hours with no problems / all new hardware!!

Was happening with my nforce 3 Ultra board too. Thats the one of the big reasons I went to nf4.

Still cant work it out, I can overclock / Underclock and run at rated speeds and it still happens, the only piece of hardware I have not replaced is the CPU, I hope its not damaged.

I have worked out when I go to install Men of Valor I get Machine check exception at the end of the second disc.

This has become a my new benchmarking tool. Memtest tells me all is fine, what a joke.

If any one can help it would be appreciated,

Please dont send me a link to the MSDN, Read it about a thousand times before..

Same to me.Changed all Parts.Bsods were still present.

What's goin on I think.

Then I figuerd whats goin on , the only Parts i have not changed are the IdeCables.

Changed them no more Machine Check Exception.

Maybe that helps you.

I've got two different BSODs, this morning I got a PLIST_CORRUPT or something and yesterday morning a IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I've disabled IEE3954, floppy controller, etc in the BIOS - I'll have to see if that's fixed it.

I have not yet got MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION so hopefully the problem isn't too serious *crosses fingers*

Hmm well I did an RMA on my Ram .... didn't think this new set would be faulty as well .. guess not, did the memtest and it has hung twice now both at exactly 22:15! Time to email Kingston again.. hopefully this will solve my problem!

Seems the nVidia IDE drivers have a mind of their own! Checked Add/Remove programs and they were there once again. Uninstalled them yesterday, and so far, no BSOD :)

3yeNerd - It's likely to be the RAM, so fingers crossed this one should solve it :)

3eyenerd, why don't you try another bios, like the 5.10's or 6.23 officials.

if you're thinking your temps may be a problem, which i don't, dtry running with the side off when you go to bed.

i think its just the bios not agreeing with your ram or settings. even try everything on auto for a while and see what happens.

but i'd try another revision.

I have never installed the nf4 ide driver and I still get it.

I thought I had fixed it. 9 days later I got hit with it, thought it was gone.

There posting all over the net about this issue and no one can troubleshoot it.

Wonder if it comes down to using 1t or 2t ??????

• 2 weeks later...

here it isn't also a frequent problem, i first had it almost every day, than i reinstalled windows, than i didn't problems for weeks, and suddenly it started al over again. i realy don't understand.

and i can't live with it :(