Wow my OCZ plat rev 2 is slowly dying?

groggyoc

Hey guys,

Argh.. my system has gotten worse.. now it reboots intermittently

I had to drop it down from 295mhz 1:1 to 285mhz cpu 9:10 (257 mhz ram)

I couldnt even hold it at 285 1:1 even with 2.5-4-8-4 and 12-16-3-3-2-3 settings

My ram ran fine for a couple months at 295 1:1

Wonder if my ram is going bad...

Help!

Does your RAM report any errors in memtest @295? If it can pass 24 or more hours of memtest w/o errors, then it's probably OK.

As suggested above, memory controller is possible to be the cause and it doesn't necessarily mean that your CPU has become "worse". Most probably it has just become hotter (dust on HSF, summer ambient temps higher etc.) This "2 months" part sounds extremely familiar - I'd check CPU HSF first... ;)

Interesting. I has similar finding on my 3000+ Winchester and PDP XBLK. With the exact memory settings, it has failed after 11hours of Prime torture. Previously it was stable even after 49hours of Prime torture. In order to regain the Prime torture stability, I have to set the tRef from 3072 to 1816. After setting the tREF to 1816, the CPU required a much lower vcore than it previous did. :drool:

Does your RAM report any errors in memtest @295? If it can pass 24 or more hours of memtest w/o errors, then it's probably OK.

As suggested above, memory controller is possible to be the cause and it doesn't necessarily mean that your CPU has become "worse". Most probably it has just become hotter (dust on HSF, summer ambient temps higher etc.) This "2 months" part sounds extremely familiar - I'd check CPU HSF first... ;)

Yes I found it strange that my memtest would pass for 8 hours but when I went into windows it would crash or reboot within like 1 minute.

I have a good heatsink for the cpu and it usually hits around 38C when I run prime95 blended test but yet it reboots around that temp. Is the memory controller that sensitive to 38C?

man this is just awful.

38C and it still reboots so I dropped it to around 285mhz and 9:10 on ram

Any other tips?

Thanks