#1 Nemo

Nemo

Will Fold 4 Food

• Honorary Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7228 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 10:18 AM

The review is located here - http://www.overclock...aster_hypertx2/

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83GHz / ASUS P5Q Deluxe / Patriot Extreme Performance 2GB PC2-9600 DDR2-1200MHz / 2x Seagate ST3160827AS 160GB RAID 1 / Seagate ST31000340AS 1TB
Corsair TX750W / Sapphire HD 5870 1GB GDDR5 / SilverStone TJ05 / Scythe Zipang 140mm CPU Cooler / ASUS VH202T-P 20" widescreen monitor (x2) / XP Pro SP 3
"however, i cannot claim to be such a fish as i am not a fish at all..." - hardnrg,Jul 4 2005, 02:49 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Follow OCC on Posted Image
Subscribe to the OCC Newsletter

Lucky Mudder Race 2013

#2 geoffric

geoffric

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 09:01 AM

A very good review, I especially liked the charts I am a graphics oriented person.

Now I'm almost afraid to look, but I bet there is one these somewhere on my Zalman 9700 LED I bought at the recommendation of a friend.

Thanks Justin for a very good review I had actually been considering one of these for my GF's newbuld, but now will look for a better cooler.

#3 gotdamojo06

gotdamojo06

burrr...cpu is cold

• Reviewer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2103 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 10:18 AM

well thank you and I am glad that you found the review helpful :)

Posted Image OCC|GOTDAMOJO06 - Reviewer
Posted Image
5226MHz

#4 dex

dex

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 04:42 AM

"Cons:

* Size
* Does not cool like performance heatsinks"

Regarding the "CONS" I've read, I have reasons to believe that removing the transparent plastic and fitting the fan with something else around the Al fins might increase the cooling performance with at least 2 degrees Celsius in full load. I know it is not much, but in my testings the difference was around 2 C in OCCT. Anyway, also the noise seems to "cool down" a bit, probably with only 1 dB.

It wil be better if someone else would try some tests without the plastic case around the fins, but with the fan on. After all, on ventilated cases the surrounding CPU components might survive very well without this additional cooling procedure made by Cooler Master...:)

Regards,
Dex.

P.S.: Initially, the temperature is decreasing a bit because the plastic parts are stopping the air flow on the small laterals sides of the fins.

Edited by dex, 19 May 2008 - 08:58 PM.