Mad Max Video Game

Andrewr05

Mad Writer-Director George Miller Announces 'Mad Max' As First Game From Creative Alliance With God of War II Director Cory Barlog

AWESOME TO THE MAX!

Seriously I love the Mad Max movies and if they make an entire roamable "badlands" type map that would be awesome.

My thoughts: (how I think it should be)

Just think of how incredible it would be if you started off with a stock junker vehicle

Lets say that the entire environment is "randomized" in each game thus different terrain each time you play.

You can find left over buildings and claim them as your own, effectively making said building a "HOME BASE" type thing

You would have to defend your home base from attacks if it was attacked

The vehicle you start off with would be FULLY customizable

Through the "randomization" there would be left over vehicles and scrap pieces lying around from the apocalypse

You can take ANY (and I mean any) parts that you find and equip them to your current vehicle

For instance you start with a muscle car type vehicle and you come across a car that had a supercharger, you could take the entire engine or just the supercharger

or you come across some scrap metal and decide to "reinforce" select areas of your car

or you could take pieces of scrap metal and make scoops (think train like cow pusher things) or spikes for tires etc

or you come across some beefy offroad tires and you put the m on your car

The possibilities could be endless

If done with enough thought this game could be pretty badass...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I love Mad Max :).

I think random terrain/maps is a bad idea though, it wold make it really hard to make a game with any deep/detailed story or plot.

if it were random, It would be like morrowind or oblivion (crazy big) but would be verry empty of content because its so random, would get borring fast just killing the

crazy bikers your randomly encounter everywhere.

I think its a great idea but it is so easy for them to mess it up really bad.

As cool as it could be lets not get our hopes up too much

I'm with comp dude,, how do you go somewhere and get back if the terrain is random, you would get very lost... unless it just means small changes like vehicles on the side of the road or things on fire that werent before etc.

BTW: Mad Max ROCKS

Edited by feetfats

I have yet to see Mad Max I swear its on my netflixs list hehe just kinda low down there.

I heard that Borderlands was supposed to be kinda like this... I was really excited about that game until they made it with those stupid cartoon type graphic like Prince of Persia....

Should be fun nevertheless.

I love Mad Max :).

I think random terrain/maps is a bad idea though, it wold make it really hard to make a game with any deep/detailed story or plot.

if it were random, It would be like morrowind or oblivion (crazy big) but would be verry empty of content because its so random, would get borring fast just killing the

crazy bikers your randomly encounter everywhere.

I agree, a completely random map would be hard to do properly but I think if it was done correctly it would be awesome.

I have yet to see Mad Max I swear its on my netflixs list hehe just kinda low down there.
Do it.. Do it now!

andrew i'm suprised you even know anything about mad max

http://stateoftheline.files.wordpress.com/...sterblaster.jpg

B:)

Dude, "Mad Max" is one of my favorite movies... EVER...

"The Road Warrior" is badass too, "Beyond Thunderdome" wasn't all that great but its still a tolerable movie...

I agree, a completely random map would be hard to do properly but I think if it was done correctly it would be awesome.

Do it.. Do it now!

Dude, "Mad Max" is one of my favorite movies... EVER...

"The Road Warrior" is badass too, "Beyond Thunderdome" wasn't all that great but its still a tolerable movie...

yeah, still classic after all these years

Every time I watch Mad max I am filled with nostalgic win.

Honestly I get giddy like a school girl, its such an underrated movie.

If I had the money I would move to Australia right now, build myself a replica interceptor obtain Max Rockatansk's MFP gear and roam Australia.

Seriously thats it, I would just drive around feeling like the biggest badass on earth...