"A drive in a RAID 0 volume is failing"

ClayMeow

I got a taskbar icon appear that when I hover over it says:

"A drive in a RAID 0 volume is failing.

Try to back up data immediately."

I double-clicked the icon to launch the "Intel Matrix Storage Console" and saw the following:

raidprob.jpg

If I right-click on the drive with the error on it, the only action is "Mark as Normal"

When I right-click on "Raptors" (the name of my array), there's an option to "Verify Volume Data"...I ran that (took about 10 minutes), and it reported no errors.

So what do I do? Just sit and wait? <_ should i mark the drive as normal if it next time gets an error popup again otherwise may not know so thinking and just wait out.>

This is all new to me. I had the same drives in a RAID-0 array for 3+ years running XP.

This array is my system drive (aka. C Drive where Vista is installed). Vista seems to be running just fine, so if there areerrors, it must be minor.

Without being able to read the SMART data (you can't read it when the drives are in a RAID array) there's not much you can do except back things up and see what happens.

Clay, I'm not sure you noticed, but that that's exactly what happened to me. Be sure to back up that stuff RIGHT NOW, wait, and hope for the best :P

:(

Well "luckily" this is a pretty fresh install, so apart from some HGL screenshots and other minor stuff, there's not much on my C drive at the moment. I guess I'll mark it as normal when I get home and just wait...and pray <_>