22 replies to this topic

#13 Waco

Waco

Lab Rat 2

• Reviewer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15234 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 04:58 PM

Yet another wonderful post by you. Demonoid has been alive for awhile, and was much more secure than TPB or MiniNova (both of which were literally honey pots in my experience with what was blocked by PG on their torrents). I've never had any issues with lack of seeds on there except for oddball torrents (such as someone's wallpaper collection, for example).

Private trackers will always be better than public ones.

Yeppers.

Posted Image

Booyah.

#14 airman

airman

I NEEDA BISCUIT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5287 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 05:15 PM

it'll be back. demonoid has such a huge community and supporters so i would put bets on having the servers being moved out of the country (aka just another host). i'll be patient :)

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.8 - Gigabyte Z68AP-D3 - 2x4gb Mushkin PC16000 - XFX HD 7970 Black OC Edition - Mushkin Joule 1000W - Seagate 7200.11 1TB - Corsair H100 - Acer 23.5" 3x1 Eyefinity

Posted Image Posted Image

#15 Kamikaze_Badger

Kamikaze_Badger

(⌐■_■)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8337 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 05:58 PM

Demonoid.ru :lol:?
Is my Razer Diamondback retro yet?
s

Graciously recommended from KB, is some muffricken Christian death metal. It is a must hear, it pushes envelopes, explores new ground. Words can't describe just now incredibly awesome this is. Cue the alter smashing, bench flipping, and bible reading while thrashing away at guitars and drums.

I witnessed regional Special Olympics and Challenge Day; there's far more intellect there than there is in internet arguments.

#16 hornybluecow

hornybluecow

I Am A Cow...

• Reviewer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5380 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 09:04 PM

Yet another wonderful post by you. Demonoid has been alive for awhile, and was much more secure than TPB or MiniNova (both of which were literally honey pots in my experience with what was blocked by PG on their torrents). I've never had any issues with lack of seeds on there except for oddball torrents (such as someone's wallpaper collection, for example).

Private trackers will always be better than public ones.

so what are you getting at? demonoid is not down? because i think it is very much dead. the only thing demonoid had that wasnt elsewhere was tutorials and they were so very slow i accually bought it before it was finished 2 weeks later. TPb=speed. and how is tpb not better, atlest they hash there server so the FEDS cant get your info, lucky enough your IP will changes 15-20 times a year and you gotta be dumb to put your real email and name (looks at kamikaze :) )

hbbanner.jpg

Filckr Photostream / Workstation Build Guide / How to Overclock an Intel 4770K Guide

Main Rig: i7-3930K @ 4.4ghz, Asus P9X79 WS, GTX Titan, Intel 335 240 GB, Vertex 4 120 GB, Raid-1 2x 3 TB, 64 GB (8x8gb) G-skill, Thermaltake Core V71, SeaSonic Plat 1000watt.

Review Test Rig: : i7-4770k @ 4.2ghz, MSI-GD65 Gaming, Geforce GTX 770 , Corsair Force GT 240 GB, Patriot 16 GB 2400 (2x8gb), (Case always changing) Thermaltake 750w.

#17 ThunderChicken

ThunderChicken

C:\

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 01:50 PM

private trackers will always be much better for speeds, and selection imo. TPB is good but its kinda hit or miss with speeds. and as far as demanoid and oink sites like these are going to be replaced quickly, infact oink has already been replaced. There are already many sites just as good as demanoid that have the same amount of users just a little less known as they are more private than demanoid was. imo demanoid wasnt a fully private site. the new oink site imo is a lot better than the old oink for speeds the selection isnt up there yet but once the members get back onto the new site it will get a much wider selection.
Main Rig: Amd Opteron 148 @ 3ghz|\|2x512mb @280mhz pdp patriot|\|7800gtx EVGA
Aquamark: 99773.00 |\| 3dmark01 Se: 32524.00 |\|
3dMark05: 8518.00 |\| 3dMark03: 18364.00 |\| Super Pi 1M: 28.55s |\|
Keep folding

#18 Bleeble

Bleeble

All work and no play...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2622 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 02:08 PM

Just pick the right torrents and block the right IP ranges and you'll be fine. ;)

"Ninety percent of the politicians give the other ten percent a bad reputation." -Henry Kissinger

---
Q6700 2.66GHz @ (testing) --- DFI P35-T2RL "Blood Iron" --- Crucial Ballistix 2x1GB DDR2-800 @ (testing) --- EVGA 8800GTS 512MB --- PCP&C Silencer 750 --- 2.25TB RAID 5 (Storage) --- 2x160GB RAID 0 (Boot) ---

--- Laing DDC-2 w/Petra's Top --- PA120.3 w/3 Yate Loon D12SM --- D-TEK Fuzion CPU --- MAZE4 GPU ---

#19 fire_storm

fire_storm

Total Nerd

• Folding Member
  • 3977 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 02:30 PM

I hope the website is able to get back on its feet. I think piratebay is going into some tough water too because of the lawsuit there about to get slapped with hope they make it out.

http://www.news.com/...g=2547-1_3-0-20

#20 Propane

Propane

??? Ohio Alpha

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4090 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 03:04 PM

private trackers will always be much better for speeds, and selection imo. TPB is good but its kinda hit or miss with speeds. and as far as demanoid and oink sites like these are going to be replaced quickly, infact oink has already been replaced. There are already many sites just as good as demanoid that have the same amount of users just a little less known as they are more private than demanoid was. imo demanoid wasnt a fully private site. the new oink site imo is a lot better than the old oink for speeds the selection isnt up there yet but once the members get back onto the new site it will get a much wider selection.

Are you talking about waffles or what?

.:: Kevin Cramer Photography ::.
.:: facebook :: last.fm :: twitter :: flickr :: you tube :: blog :: occ reviews ::.
Posted Image
Posted Image
"Here's to alcohol: the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems." -Homer Simpson
Follow OCC on Posted Image

#21 Waco

Waco

Lab Rat 2

• Reviewer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15234 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 03:29 PM

so what are you getting at? demonoid is not down? because i think it is very much dead. the only thing demonoid had that wasnt elsewhere was tutorials and they were so very slow i accually bought it before it was finished 2 weeks later. TPb=speed. and how is tpb not better, atlest they hash there server so the FEDS cant get your info, lucky enough your IP will changes 15-20 times a year and you gotta be dumb to put your real email and name (looks at kamikaze :) )

He's getting at the fact that Demonoid (and any private tracker) is leagues better than any public tracker for speed and availability of things.

Posted Image

Booyah.

#22 Kamikaze_Badger

Kamikaze_Badger

(⌐■_■)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8337 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 04:37 PM

HBC seems to make tons of comments without knowing what he's talking about (for example, stating that excessive amounts of VRAM were needed to run dual monitors once). And when you live in a small town where the ISP workers know you by name, it's hard to put in a false name and address. Great job assuming things here HBC. In all of my experience, TPB has been absolutely horrible for any and all torrents except for MAJOR ones. Also, no ratio system = no motivation for others to seed. Private trackers require at least a .8+ in my experience, and you'll get a warning at that.

If you think Demonoid is dead... oh the epic lulz. The CRIA, a CANADIAN based company threatened their host with legal action. That's all. It only takes time to transfer the torrents over to a new host in a different area, such as a Russia, due to its lenient laws.

I'd love to show you my PG log when I try to use any torrent on TPB, which is nicely chock full of fake torrents.
Is my Razer Diamondback retro yet?
s

Graciously recommended from KB, is some muffricken Christian death metal. It is a must hear, it pushes envelopes, explores new ground. Words can't describe just now incredibly awesome this is. Cue the alter smashing, bench flipping, and bible reading while thrashing away at guitars and drums.

I witnessed regional Special Olympics and Challenge Day; there's far more intellect there than there is in internet arguments.

#23 CoolMaster

CoolMaster

From Now On

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1983 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 04:43 PM

wow this turned into an unexpected argument about a news story I was just posting?(which i didnt realize was already posted but hey ya know)