#1 kingdingeling

kingdingeling

King of the Autobahn

• Folding Member
  • 10247 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 02:25 AM

http://www.overclock...gitech_harmony/

Posted Image

If it wasn't so expensive, I'd have one ordered by now :)

I guess I have no excuse for not being as awesome as King... - iKillSteal

Seriously, big credit goes out to King for maintaining this list. He puts a lot of work into this thing and he deserves our thanks! - Verran

RIP

| Samsung P480-Pro | Core i3 370M 2.4GHz | 4GB DDR3-1066 | GeForce GT330M | 320GB | 14" |

#2 Verran

Verran

RIP 1981-2009

• Honorary Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7026 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 04:07 AM

If you're looking for a remote like this but don't want to spend that much money, you should absolutely check out the Logitech Harmony 520. I got mine for $40 from Sears (ordered online, picked up in store, found on DailyTech's Daily Hot Deals). I've seen it for that price a few times since too.

It's not as fancy, but honestly I actually like the shape better, and the price is definitely right. It's the perfect HTPC remote, but it's also versatile enough to replace my other four remotes as well.
Posted Image
[E7400 Gaming]~[Q6600 Burning]~[Opt148 Wife's]~[3200+ HTPC1]~[3500+ HTPC2]
"Thank you for helping us help you help us all."

#3 road-runner

road-runner

Posting Machine

• Folding Member
  • 10774 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 07:13 AM

"Honey, where is the remote for the cable box? I have the TV, sound, and DVD remotes, just no TV!" How familiar does that sound in your household? It's an everyday occurence in mine. There is always one of four missing. Whether the kids misplaced it or the dog hid it under the couch, it still comes up missing.

I have a remote for my TV missing now for about 2 years...

sigimage.gif

#4 GuJuMaN89

GuJuMaN89

i own a computer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1788 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 07:16 AM

i have that logitech remote, and i love it! only complaint i have is sometimes when i put it on the charging base, the contacts arent touching correctly so it doesnt charge, i dunno why

Edited by GuJuMaN89, 28 September 2007 - 07:16 AM.

Samsung series 9 Laptop

#5 Kash

Kash

Long Time Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5491 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 01:15 PM

If you're looking for a remote like this but don't want to spend that much money, you should absolutely check out the Logitech Harmony 520. I got mine for $40 from Sears (ordered online, picked up in store, found on DailyTech's Daily Hot Deals). I've seen it for that price a few times since too.

It's not as fancy, but honestly I actually like the shape better, and the price is definitely right. It's the perfect HTPC remote, but it's also versatile enough to replace my other four remotes as well.

I have the Xbox 360 version of the Harmony 550 (same design as the 520) and I'll agree that I much rather prefer this shape than to the more expensive Harmony remotes.

I also wanted to point out how incredibly easy it is to configure these remotes to work with all of the devices in your home entertainment system.

Intel i5 2500K | Gigabyte Z68
16GB G.Skill PC3-12800 (9-9-9-24) | EVGA GeForce GTX 560