Nemo

Will Fold 4 Food

• Honorary Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7228 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 06:59 PM

Razer Pro|Type Keyboard Review

Posted Image

Professional is something that we all seek to be in our jobs. Being professional not only entails how you act, but also how you look. If you’re sitting at your desk with a potential customer sitting across from you and you’re typing on a stained prehistoric keyboard, will he or she be impressed? I think not. Will Razer’s new Pro|Type Keyboard be the keyboard that really awes everyone who sees it? Could it possibly set the bar for keyboards used in the work place? Let’s see just how professional this keyboard really is and see how helpful it is to have an iPod docking station on the keyboard.

Posted Image

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83GHz / ASUS P5Q Deluxe / Patriot Extreme Performance 2GB PC2-9600 DDR2-1200MHz / 2x Seagate ST3160827AS 160GB RAID 1 / Seagate ST31000340AS 1TB
Corsair TX750W / Sapphire HD 5870 1GB GDDR5 / SilverStone TJ05 / Scythe Zipang 140mm CPU Cooler / ASUS VH202T-P 20" widescreen monitor (x2) / XP Pro SP 3
"however, i cannot claim to be such a fish as i am not a fish at all..." - hardnrg,Jul 4 2005, 02:49 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Follow OCC on Posted Image
Subscribe to the OCC Newsletter

Lucky Mudder Race 2013

#2 coolcat97

coolcat97

Master of socket 7

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 08:04 PM

Not to insult your reviewing... but somebody using a keyboard like that in their workplace won't get as much respect as someone typing on an IBM keyboard or something like that... When I think business, i think simple...powerful machines... that keyboard looks like something that the home user would be more likely to have... so i vote for the old keyboard. It dose look like a nice keyboard though. :)

#3 ClayMeow

ClayMeow

Member Title Exceeds Member Title Character Limit

• Review Editor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19328 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 08:06 PM

An IBM Keyboard?! Maybe if you want to show customers that you're using a 10 year old computer :P. I'll admit though, I wouldn't label anything with an iPod dock as being an "office product" but hell, that's way more professional looking than an IBM keyboard would be.

CMt.png
- Steam - Raptr - Xfire - GameSpot - Kongregate - IGN Blog -
- ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe - i7 3770k - NVIDIA GTX 770 - 2x8GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1866MHz -
::: Follow OCC on facebook.png ::: OCC Xfire Clan ::: OCC Steam Community Group ::: OCC Rules :::

::: OCC E3 2013 Awards ::: CES 2013 ::: COMPUTEX 2010 :::

::: Razer Sabertooth Review ::: Watch Dogs Review :::

#4 coolcat97

coolcat97

Master of socket 7

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 08:19 PM

An IBM Keyboard?! Maybe if you want to show customers that you're using a 10 year old computer :P. I'll admit though, I wouldn't label anything with an iPod dock as being an "office product" but hell, that's way more professional looking than an IBM keyboard would be.

IBM as in: Simple, Standard, Business - [ Think simple, black keyboard = business, ipod dock, leds, white = some overpriced silly featured keyboard ]
IBM is still used in business... I LOVE IBM and if i had to live with an OEM system, it would be IBM, regardless of its speed.

#5 sdy284

sdy284

Mr. Staypuft

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8303 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 08:38 PM

Con: Color will be grey in 6 months time :P (from dirt)

#6 coolcat97

coolcat97

Master of socket 7

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 08:45 PM

Ah, but the logitech (as white as fresh snow) keyboard that i have owned for 4+ years (even then, was acquired second hand, from a hospital) Has never been cleaned by me and still looks very, very nice.

Edited by coolcat97, 19 June 2007 - 08:59 PM.

#7 Verran

Verran

RIP 1981-2009

• Honorary Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7026 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 04:50 AM

It was a good review, but I just don't care for the product. That's 0/2 on Razer keyboards for me. They just seem so overpriced for what they offer. The white might be nice for Apple users, but until they start making white monitors and cases for PCs, this thing would stick out like a sore thumb next to a black or silver PC/monitor.
Posted Image
[E7400 Gaming]~[Q6600 Burning]~[Opt148 Wife's]~[3200+ HTPC1]~[3500+ HTPC2]
"Thank you for helping us help you help us all."

#8 ClayMeow

ClayMeow

Member Title Exceeds Member Title Character Limit

• Review Editor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19328 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 05:12 AM

It was a good review, but I just don't care for the product. That's 0/2 on Razer keyboards for me. They just seem so overpriced for what they offer. The white might be nice for Apple users, but until they start making white monitors and cases for PCs, this thing would stick out like a sore thumb next to a black or silver PC/monitor.

QFT.

CMt.png
- Steam - Raptr - Xfire - GameSpot - Kongregate - IGN Blog -
- ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe - i7 3770k - NVIDIA GTX 770 - 2x8GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1866MHz -
::: Follow OCC on facebook.png ::: OCC Xfire Clan ::: OCC Steam Community Group ::: OCC Rules :::

::: OCC E3 2013 Awards ::: CES 2013 ::: COMPUTEX 2010 :::

::: Razer Sabertooth Review ::: Watch Dogs Review :::

#9 coolcat97

coolcat97

Master of socket 7

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 10:01 AM

White monitors and cases are old. Now its all black and silver... and pure white... But i recently painted the front back and internals of my case white.

#10 sdy284

sdy284

Mr. Staypuft

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8303 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 02:30 PM

White monitors and cases are old. Now its all black and silver... and pure white... But i recently painted the front back and internals of my case white.

you realize you just completely contradicted yourself right? :blink: