ASUS... lol

Guest ecthlipsis

Guest ecthlipsis

I have the ASUS P5N-E 650i mobo and just had a really amusing discovery. When my computer started up I had a very strange window pop up (see image). Obviously, it looks like it was made by a 10-year-old in about 3 minutes so I assumed I somehow got a very weird virus (one with a victim GUI?) or something along those lines. Virus scan found nothing.

I then noticed there was a service running called "ASUS ACPI Cneter", and yes, center is spelled wrong. Now I was just plain confused, as no virus would show itself in the service menu intentionally and it says ASUS.

A little research showed that everyone with this mobo experiences this strange problem (for some it is), and it is just some TERRIBLE programming and translating on behalf of ASUS (a Taiwanese company). All your base are belongs to us. I haven't figured out exactly what the program is supposed to do, but apparently it has something to do with overclocking.

Now, when I overclocked my cpu via increasing the FSB, the voltage kept going up too, even though it was set to auto. And when I say up I mean it... it got as high as 1.44 before I realized what was happening. I'm not sure if that's normal (I assume it's not), but I have a feeling "I am Service!!" had something to do with it.

In the end, it's just a "w-t-f?" situation. I am Service!! ? Cneter? And just look at that pic...

What the hell was ASUS thinking... lol

If anyone knows anymore about this aaCenter.exe program they can post here. I just find the whole thing amusing, as it doesn't cause me any problems.

post-20732-1178977045_thumb.jpg

Guest ecthlipsis
It's for automated assistance. You don't need it and it's a pile of crap :)

That makes it that much more amusing, actually, as how the hell is anyone supposed to use it for support when they need support to figure out what it is? It has no help, about, or any other options of any kind. Everything you see in the pic is all there is, lol. If I had no clue what it was for, the average user would be 5x more clueless. GG Asus.

Guest ecthlipsis

It was hard for me to do (not to physically do, but I loved it)... aaCenter.exe is now removed. No more "I am Service!!"... *sigh*. I'm at a loss for words.