127 replies to this topic

#1 sdy284

sdy284

Mr. Staypuft

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8303 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 08:06 PM

This will be the OFFICIAL thread for any & all discussion on any products covered @ 2007 CES.
(and be sure to digg our articles!)

OCC CES 2007 Coverage

OverclockersClub was interviewed live by FoxNews.com! The video can be watched here:
Youtube: OCC at CES Fox News Interview
Google Video: OCC at CES Fox News Interview

::: OCC @ CES Day Four:::

1/11/07 (5:00pm) - CES Update:

Ultra Products:
  • Ultra Products Introduces High-End Carbon Fiber Case at This Year's Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas
1/11/07 (7:00pm) - CES Update:

A lot of news from the Coolermaster booth today.
  • Think those fancy Lian Li cases are expensive? Well how about paying $899 for a case? Thats the going rate for Coolermaster's new "Smooth Creations Special Edition" case
  • Coolermaster is also coming out with a case built for hot-swapping up to 4 hard drives as well as an external hard drive enclosure that is made for hot swapping.
  • In addition to the SLI water cooling solutions for the 7 series nVidia cards, Coolermaster was also showing off fanless GPU and CPU cooling!.
  • The fanless CPU cooler, called the Gemini is big enough for 2x120mm fans. You can expect load temps of 45°C with NO FANS and 32°C with one 120mm fan!

::: OCC @ CES Day Three:::

1/10/07 (2:30pm) - CES Update:

Intel had some surprises at their booth:
  • The "V8" system, with 8, yes 8 cores. Check out these benchmark scores: 3DMark06 CPU score of 6089, Cinebench2003 score of 2354 (loaded the page in 11s) and a Half Life 2 Particle test score of 123
  • Also, scheduled for release in either the 3rd or 4th quarter of 2007 is a new Intel chipset based on DDR3 at 1333Mhz
End of Day 3 - CES Update:
  • All of Day 2's pictures have been posted, there are a lot in Bosco's day 2 review & there are dedicated galleries as well. Overall there were over 100 pictures posted from day 2!
  • Logitech X-240 Speakers Introduce Integrated Cradle for Digital Music Players, PDAs, Mobile Phones
  • Adata Once Again Wins 2007 International CES Innovations Design and Engineering Awards ::: Digg
  • Bosco's day 3 in review has been added...looks for pics by tomorrow late afternoon

::: OCC @ CES Day Two :::

1/9/07 (1:23pm) - CES Update:

Ok, a LOT of news from Adata today:
  • They're going to come out with a gaming series of memory modules that come with red headsinks
  • They are also showing a memory card with an LCD that shows the remaining free space left on the card
  • The "Micro ST Trio" which is a thumb drive, SD card & a card reader all in one! (and it comes with reading adapters)
  • They had some engineering samples of DDR3 running at 1066Mhz
  • For the kids, they had Disney flash drives up to 2Gb
  • Finally, they had a 16Gb thumb drive on display. It was the "Turbo Flash PD7 with Readyboost"
1/9/07 (3:05pm) - CES Update:

SuperTalent has been pretty busy as well, just check out some of their upcoming products!
  • New high-end server modules
  • A yet to be named gaming line of memory running at 1120Mhz
  • Like all the other memory companies, they are also working on DDR3
  • They also have a 16gb Flash Drive that is the size of a laptop HDD, uses IDE interface & they're hoping to release a SATA version in the next few weeks
  • They have switched to new heatsinks on their high end ram
  • New low profile ECC memory that is 1/2 the size of existing modules, making it ideal for micro or rack mounted systems
  • They have some new 2gb & 4gb sticks of DDR2 667 coming out as well
  • A new 3 in 1 pen, USB drive & laser pointer that will be available in 1Gb & 2Gb versions
  • Finally, they're working on 2Gb & 4Gb thumb drives have read speeds of 30-35Mb/s & write speeds of 20-22MB/s
There's also a great deal of new product coming from the CoolIT booth:
  • CoolIT is now the cooling supplier for high-end systems from Dell, Alienware, Shuttle, Biohazard & other prebuilt PC manufacturers
  • Look for their PCI Express cooler that cools the PCIe bridge
  • In addition to their PCIe cooler, they're also coming out with some active cooling for your RAM (Look for a review on OCC in the coming weeks)
  • In the gadget section... They have a USB beverage chiller which OCC will be conducting a review on, on the CES floor!
  • Probably the biggest news from CoolIT is their new "Predictive" cooling technology. You can read about it here. ::: Digg
1/9/07 (5:15pm) - CES Update:

Mushkin has a few new products on display as well:
  • 800W, 1000W, 1200W & 1500W Power supplies are on their way. The 800w & 1000W should arrive in the first quarter of '07 with the 1200W & 1500W arriving around summer.
  • The 800W & 1000W PSU's will feature green LED lighting and the 1200W & 1500W PSU's may get the "Redline" theme and have red LED lighting.
  • A new Redline memory series, the 9608, has a speed of 1200Mhz and should arrive in the first quarter of '07
  • Mushkin is also upgrading the warranty on all of their PSU's from 3 to 5 years. If you currently have a PSU that has a 3 year warranty, it has been officially bumped up to 5 years. Mushkin really knows how to take care of their customers!
CES @ 8:00pm (cst) Update:

Enermax, not surprisingly, had some new PSU's on display.
  • Probably the most impressive was the 1000W DXX Galaxy PSU that was powering TWO seperate PC's that each had an 8800GTX!
  • Also at the Enermax booth was the Chakra (which will be out in 3 weeks) has a 25cm fan on the side panel!
  • They also were showing their new Infiniti 650W & 720W PSU's that have 3 12V rails & run at 82-85% efficiency at 20-100% load.

1/9/07 (9:30pm) - CES Update:

Abit had quite a few interesting products as well:
  • They had a PCIe 1x Wifi Card
  • Also on display was their Idome, a set of digital speakers that were getting audio via Abit's wireless g audio receiver.
  • There's also big news on the FATAL1TY front. FATAL1TY is now a team of people who will help develop Abit's gaming products
  • Due for release in the first quarter is a midrange level FATAL1TY AM2 board. (Model: IN9-SLI)
  • Due for release in the end of this month, is a new high end intel board based on the 690 chipset. (Model: IN9-32x Max)
  • Like Mushkin, Abit is also upping their warranties. Abit is raising the warranty on their motherboards to 3 years and overclocking is encouraged. As long as their is no physical damage, they will take the board back with no questions asked.

End of Day 2 - CES Update:
  • DELL Integrates CoolIT Systems' MTEC Technology into Dual-Stage Cooling System ::: Digg
  • Bosco & Raven both have their "Day in Review" posted in the article
  • A LOT pictures were taken on day 2! Check back tomorrow after noon to see them all

::: OCC @ CES Day One :::

New Information that can be found in the article as of 9:42am (cst):
  • LTB Audio Systems Magnum 5.1 FX Headset for Game consoles and HD audio content ::: Digg
  • LTB Audio Systems ARIO Wireless Technology
CES @ 2:45pm (cst) Update:
(look for pictures of these products later tonight!)
  • Geil is working on a prototype memory stick that will hook up directly to the PSU & will have a voltage adjustment directly on the stick itself. This means no more BIOS chip!
  • Geil is also going to be releasing their "1160 Plus" memory that is PC2-9280, runs at 1100MHz, has timings of 4-4-4-12, and requires 2.45V. They're hoping to release 1Gb & 2gb Dual channel kits by March.
  • More news from the Geil booth: The "Black Dragon Gaming Series" of DDR2 Memory. This series runs at 800Mhz, has a CAS timing of 3 and is being targeted at gamers. Word from the booth indicated that these chips have been seeing some extremely high overclocks.
  • Vapoli.com was running a phase change setup on an Intel Quad core at 4.1Ghz with temps hovering around -35° to -40°C
CES @ 5:15pm (cst) Update:
  • Patriot Memory has the world's fastest memory. How fast you ask? Try 1302Mhz! Also on display at the Patriot booth was some engineering samples of DDR3
  • Razer has a few new products at CES. They have their "Mako" 2.1 Gaming speakers, their new gaming mouse, the "DeathAdder", as well as a few examples of their Razer Pro|Solutions
  • In addition, Microsoft has released the Reclusa, a gaming keyboard that is "Powered by Razer" ::: Digg

CES @ 10:10pm (cst) Update:
  • The new Belkin Easy Transfer Cable for Windows Vista lets you quickly transfer your MP3s and photos as well as your files and emails from your Windows XP-based computer to your PC running Windows Vista.
  • The S6F “Pink Edition,” the newest member of ASUS’ luxurious Leather Collection line, is a notebook that would be right at home in fashion districts from New York to Milan.

Edited by sdy284, 11 January 2007 - 05:21 PM.

#2 sdy284

sdy284

Mr. Staypuft

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8303 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 07:44 AM

Information has been added to the CES Article!
http://www.overclock...nsite_coverage/

#3 kingdingeling

kingdingeling

King of the Autobahn

• Folding Member
  • 10247 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 07:56 AM

that wireless technology looks VERY promising! I thought about getting wireless speakers, but they were just too expensive and laggy for me...

I guess I have no excuse for not being as awesome as King... - iKillSteal

Seriously, big credit goes out to King for maintaining this list. He puts a lot of work into this thing and he deserves our thanks! - Verran

RIP

| Samsung P480-Pro | Core i3 370M 2.4GHz | 4GB DDR3-1066 | GeForce GT330M | 320GB | 14" |

#4 gotdamojo06

gotdamojo06

burrr...cpu is cold

• Reviewer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2103 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 08:26 AM

wireless speakers would be nice, I bout some logitech speakers and the wires on them are way too long for me...

Posted Image OCC|GOTDAMOJO06 - Reviewer
Posted Image
5226MHz

#5 sdy284

sdy284

Mr. Staypuft

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8303 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 08:27 AM

True, but one you go to wireless speakers, each speaker requires a power brick to power it :(

#6 sdy284

sdy284

Mr. Staypuft

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8303 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 12:46 PM

hot new info added!

#7 Andrewr05

Andrewr05

I'll be whatever I wanna do!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11552 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 01:23 PM

WOWZERS that vapoli system looks pretty hardcore!!

ona5.png

Rig specs:

Spoiler

#8 sdy284

sdy284

Mr. Staypuft

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8303 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 01:32 PM

WOWZERS that vapoli system looks pretty hardcore!!

i'm not sure what picture you're looking at on their website, but I'm sure the OCC guys @ CES have taken pics of the actual system... look for them to be posted later tonight ;)

#9 sdy284

sdy284

Mr. Staypuft

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8303 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 03:29 PM

New info added!

#10 Andrewr05

Andrewr05

I'll be whatever I wanna do!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11552 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 03:42 PM

i'm not sure what picture you're looking at on their website, but I'm sure the OCC guys @ CES have taken pics of the actual system... look for them to be posted later tonight ;)

Let me rephrase that, it "sounds" pretty hardcore...

ona5.png

Rig specs:

Spoiler

#11 sdy284

sdy284

Mr. Staypuft

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8303 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 03:57 PM

Let me rephrase that, it "sounds" pretty hardcore...

gotcha

man, i kinda wish i just didn't get my new klipsch pro media gmx 2.1 speaker's now that i see razer is coming out with a set

#12 Kash

Kash

Long Time Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5491 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 04:34 PM

First headsets, and now speakers? Razer is branching out quickly. Can't wait for the Interview to be posted :thumbs-up:

Intel i5 2500K | Gigabyte Z68
16GB G.Skill PC3-12800 (9-9-9-24) | EVGA GeForce GTX 560