• 40 Gb - 80 Gb
    • 80 Gb - 160 Gb
    • 160 Gb - 250 Gb
    • 500 Gb -750 Gb
    • 750 Gb - 1 Tb
    • 1 Tb - 5 Tb
    • >5 Tb (WOW!)
    • 251gb - 499gb

This poll has certainly been done in the past but i would like to gauge current trend in storage space or how much information one could posses without any intent to ever put it to good use.

Only personal computers please, no work or friends PC's

btw i tried to use the most common drive sizes and or drive combinations for the poll options

Edited by bigred

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I originally had 20GB then I realised that that gets filled up insanely fast so I threw in another 20GB I had lying around...

I am in desperate need of like 100+GB's to hold all my files, Im constantly deleting and backing up stuff off my HD's just to download a a couple 500MB files!! :(

Now a simple task such as loading pictures off my camera takes 20 minutes because I have to re-arrange stuff to DL them!!

And to think 2 years ago I said there was no need for over 40Gb on a PC... :closedeyes:

well, I got 900GB in my ageing Northwood machine here. Incredibly, I think I am actaully using about 80% of it currently. I got a free hard drive from Seagate as they made a slight boo-boo ;) so i added it to my machine and have 4 IDE drives at present. It's a miracle i can keep them all at ~27-30*c really!

considering I placed an order for 100 750gb seagates :( you can do the math on the amount of space I have and space USED.

it's well in excess of 500tb on the business machiens, and close to 100tb on home machines alone.