Rebate Success Thread 2015

IVIYTH0S

(2014's Thread)
McAfee Rebate
PNY Turbo 256GB Flash Drive Bundle $60MIR ($60 American Express Gift Card)

**Time Frame**
Dec 26th - Mailed out rebate
Jan 6th - Denied (11 days)
Jan 12th - Approved (17 days)
Feb 23rd - Received (42 days)

**Quoted vs Actual**
6 weeks, they said 5-7. So satisfactory I suppose...

**Ease of Rebate Submission**
Rather difficult, for I needed to install the software (used a VM, gtfo of here with your garbage software McAfee haha), make an account with them, activate the software, then sign up for auto renewal which you cannot cancel for 10 months, and it'll auto renewal the 12th month.
For the rebate, the original UPC (of the McAfee software) was needed, copy receipt/invoice, copy of the auto-renewal confirmation email and the signed rebate form.
The reason I was originally denied was because they *claimed* I never sent in the original UPC and also that I did not include the invoice/receipt. I DEFINITELY did send in the UPC but I truthfully screwed up and sent the receipt that said "this cannot be used for rebate purposes" and I felt like such a moron when I realized that (prior to the denial). I figured I could argue the UPC and then just send them over the correct (triple checked) receipt/invoice. So I called them and the guy (Indian, but with a weak enough accent that I was still able to understand 90% of what he said) read back to me why I was denied (yeah yeah...), and I told him I have photographic evidence that I had the UPC in the envelope before I sealed it up but truthfully chose the wrong form for the receipt. I told him I would gladly email/mail the correct receipt but then I got an approval email from them and he said "...these things happen Mr. Mason, just be more careful next time! Is there anything else I may help you with?" I had goosebumps of joy and just thanked him and then hung up when we were done.
I'm wondering if the rebate would have arrived 6 days sooner if I hadn't screwed it up...who knows

**Would you do this rebate again? (Why/Why not?)**
Yes, but I'd be more careful with the documents...though it'd have to be something free or near free to make me go through all the required hoops again. (Like the OCZ Arc 240GB for free they had a couple weeks back... and $30 more recently) I have heard of people having no issues activating a 2nd and 3rd software package on the same account for other McAfee rebates. Still all the time I spent was worth it for $60, I doubt I spent more than 40 minutes and that's $60 for 40 minutes when I work a $9/hr and a $10/hr job right now haha. Totally worth it! (should take less time next time because no screw ups, knowing all the steps and the VM won't need to be made a second time.)

Cost of item $129.68-$10 Statement credit-$60 Rebate=$59.98+Stamp (Continued in Post 5)

I guess keep this format for any new rebate success experiences so we all know the score, try to keep them recent but even some later 2014 rebates can be mentioned.

This thread is to serve as an indication of speediness and positive recommendations of doing rebates for certain places

Edited by IVIYTH0S

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nuance Rebate

Nuance Create $40MIR ($40 Visa Gift Card) w/ free Sandisk Cruzer Pop 8GB

Nuance Converter $40MIR ($40 Visa Gift Card) w/ free Sandisk Cruzer Pop 8GB

**Time Frame**

Dec 24th - Mailed out Rebates
Jan 13th - Approved (PDF Create) (20days)
Jan 20th - Approved (PDF Converter) (27 days)
Mar 2nd - Shipped (PDF Converter) (68 days)

Mar 3rd - Shipped (PDF Create) (69 days)
Mar 6th - Received (PDF Converter) (72 days)
Mar 9th - Received (PDF Create) (75 days)

**Quoted vs Actual (From Approval Date-Received Date)**

Create~ 7 weeks and 6 days VS "Up to 10 weeks for processing"

Converter~ 6 weeks and 3 days VS "Up to 10 weeks for processing"

Pretty straight forward, just wanted original UPC, copy of receipt/invoice, and the rebate form filled out.

Yes, apparently with visa prepaid debit cards if you make a service industry purchase it will reserve 15% of your funds as tip cushion. For instance, I usually clean off prepaid cards at my job (hotel) and the $40 prepaid card wouldn't let it charge $40. So I tried $30 and then $4 with success, and on my prepaid account balance it said $34.50 ($30+15%) and $4.60 ($4+15%) leaving me with a usable balance of $0.90. Oddly enough I couldn't get it to authorize even a cent more...however I made those charges Saturday and upon checking my account balance today, I have the full $6.00 left I should. So a friend of mine bought the remaining card off of me for cash value. I haven't used the second card yet but my friend doesn't mind prepaid cards so I'll just sell it to him instead of messing around with it again. I wouldn't do these rebates for 8GB drives that probably cost about what I got them for after Tax.

Cost of item $42.80-$40rebate=$2.80+Stamp

Cost of item $42.80-$40rebate=$2.80+Stamp

Edited by IVIYTH0S

OCZ Rebate

OCZ Arc 240GB $20MIR ($20 American Express Gift Card)

**Time Frame**

Dec 26th - Mailed out Rebate
Jan 7th - Denied (12 days)
Jan 15th - Approved (20 days)
Feb 26th - Processing? (62 days)
Mar 3rd - Payment Sent (67 days)
Mar 9th - Received (73 days)

7 weeks and 4 days VS "Mailed in 5-7 weeks"

Pretty straight forward, just wanted original UPC, copy of receipt/invoice, and the rebate form filled out.

Yes, the reason it was denied was my fault since I selected the wrong rebate offer code but I was able to call them and they gladly switched it to the right one with no fuss. I'm thinking that's why took a bit long but it wasn't much over the quoted time so it's all gravy. This was a painless classic rebate all in all.

Cost of item $94.89-$20rebate=$74.89+Stamp

Edited by IVIYTH0S

• 2 weeks later...

SnapOne Rebate

PNY Turbo 256GB Flash Drive Bundle $70MIR ($70 American Express Gift Card)

**Time Frame**

Dec 26th - Mailed out Rebate
Jan 6th - Approved (11 days)
Mar 10th - Processing? (74 days)
Mar 11th - Payment Sent (75 days)
Mar 16th - Received (80 days)

9 weeks  VS "Mailed in 8-10 weeks after approved"

Similar to McAfee but less hoops, just had to make an account and setup autorenewal (which I can cancel after the 10th month)

Yes, though it had one of the longest waits for receiving it, it still came and in doing so made me $10 and a 256GB lightning fast flashdrive out of it. So totally worth it :)

Cost of item $59.68-$70rebate=-$10.32+Stamp(Continued from Post 1)

Edited by IVIYTH0S

• 1 month later...

I just sent in a rebate for $10 off a $15 bottle of Three Olives vodka and it was discounted to $12 at the register.

All I had to do was mail a receipt along with my name and mailing arrests to the po box the listed and they are supposed to send me a check for $10 in 6 weeks or so.

So in theory if this all works out I will have paid $2 for 1 liter of what I consider pretty decent vodka. Hopefully I filled everything out correctly, I was slightly inebriated when I filled out the forms.

I know this thread is intended for hardware rebates but most of the time I am too lazy when I am sober to fill those out.

UPDATE: As of 7/18/15 no check in the mail after 8 weeks.

Update: 8/5/15 about 10 weeks and a nothing.

Edited by GabrielT

Kinda late to the party, but I did the same OCZ/McAfee rebate stuff as above actually and did get my right at the targeted times with the McAfee one getting there a little earlier in the window than the OCZ and I mailed them with only two days to go before they were void so I was lazy on this one.  I don't have the exact dates but I doubt that really matters here.

My ONLY complaint is the BS of having to setup McAfee to auto renew I had no denied issues and all worked out fine.  I will say I decided for a live test environment as I haven't used McAfee in the last several years for a single customer so I wanted to see how it did....So I installed it on my mother's new laptop :) (i3/8GB/128gb ssd).  For about a month everything went well.  Then she started saying it was really slow at times, next thing Chrome took ages to open.  Then it wouldn't open anymore.  Firefox wouldn't work either, IE was slower than any IE joke on the net also.  Uninstalled McAfee on a hunch and literally EVERY issue solved itself even before the reboot with no issues in the months after.  

I just sent in a rebate for $10 off a $15 bottle of Three Olives vodka and it was discounted to $12 at the register.

All I had to do was mail a receipt along with my name and mailing arrests to the po box the listed and they are supposed to send me a check for $10 in 6 weeks or so.

So in theory if this all works out I will have paid $2 for 1 liter of what I consider pretty decent vodka. Hopefully I filled everything out correctly, I was slightly inebriated when I filled out the forms.

I know this thread is intended for hardware rebates but most of the time I am too lazy when I am sober to fill those out.

You make me proud, be sure to update the thread with your experiences as per my format if you could when it comes back!

Kinda late to the party, but I did the same OCZ/McAfee rebate stuff as above actually and did get my right at the targeted times with the McAfee one getting there a little earlier in the window than the OCZ and I mailed them with only two days to go before they were void so I was lazy on this one.  I don't have the exact dates but I doubt that really matters here.

My ONLY complaint is the BS of having to setup McAfee to auto renew I had no denied issues and all worked out fine.  I will say I decided for a live test environment as I haven't used McAfee in the last several years for a single customer so I wanted to see how it did....So I installed it on my mother's new laptop :) (i3/8GB/128gb ssd).  For about a month everything went well.  Then she started saying it was really slow at times, next thing Chrome took ages to open.  Then it wouldn't open anymore.  Firefox wouldn't work either, IE was slower than any IE joke on the net also.  Uninstalled McAfee on a hunch and literally EVERY issue solved itself even before the reboot with no issues in the months after.  

Yeah see the McAfee rebate isn't all that bad and I know many others who have cancelled the auto-renewal before the 10 months with no repercussions, as for installing it, you don't actually have to. I did in a VM the first time but just activated the software the 2nd and 3rd times I've done the rebate. Both have been approved but haven't arrived yet.

Also, make sure it's entirely removed with this: https://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS101331

McAfee Rebate
PNY Turbo 128GB Flash Drive Bundle $60MIR ($60 American Express Gift Card)

**Time Frame**
Apr 8th - Mailed out rebate
Apr 16th - Documentation Received (8 days)
Apr 18th - Approved (10 days)
May 16th - Received (38 days)

**Quoted vs Actual**
Just over 5 weeks, they said 5-7.

Nowhere near as difficult as the first since I know all I had to do this time around. Rebate came quicker because I included the right invoice this time!

Yes, pretty simple rebate after doing one and another free flash drive is always nice, though I ended up selling it to a friend.

Cost of item $59.99-$60 Rebate=$0.01+Stamp