16GB of Corsair Vengeance
NVIDIA 780TI's in SLI
Corsair Force 3 GT 240GB SSD
Coolermaster 932 Case
Noctua D14 CPU Cooler
Thermaltake Toughpower XT Platinum 1275 Watts
3 X 24" LCD's
Donating to OCC :::: OCC Site Rules :::: OCC Reviews
RIP Verran and Nemo gone but never will be forgotten.

#2 GabrielTessin

GabrielTessin

Different

• Folding Member
  • 1157 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 08:43 AM

When you said last gen cards would be a better value I am not sure I agree. I think this card is superior in low power consumption and it's passively cooled with insane overclocking headroom.

I think this, and XFX's version of the R7 250 are probably the low cost HTPC video cards to beat. 

Edited by GabrielTessin, 25 March 2014 - 08:48 AM.

I am the reason we can't have nice things. 

#3 WarWeeny

WarWeeny

Don't worry, be sexy! >:3

• Review Editor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1248 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 01:19 PM

When you said last gen cards would be a better value I am not sure I agree. I think this card is superior in low power consumption and it's passively cooled with insane overclocking headroom.

I think this, and XFX's version of the R7 250 are probably the low cost HTPC video cards to beat. 

It may have a low power consumption and a good overclocking headroom, but it doesn't come close in performance to let's say a 6870.

If you are on a tight budget and you need some extra horsepower, you are pretty much stuck on the second hand market, hence i took the 6870 as an example (just in case you were wondering why i took a really old model).

You can get the weeny out of the war, but you cannot get the war out of the weeny

Rest in peace my good old gtx 480, you deserved it

Thinks he has a weeny worthy of war.

#4 Black64

Black64

Black It Out

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3320 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 06:28 AM

For the price, I would just go for a used 6-7 series HD card....

Current System

[CPU]Intel Xeon W3670 (i7-970) @3.20Ghz---[CPU Cooling]Thermalright Silver Arrow---[MOBO]ASUS Rampage Gene III---[RAM]G-Skill Rip Jaws (24GB)(6x4GB)---[GPU]ASUS GTX 780 OC---[PSU]KingWin Lazar LZ-1000---[CASE]Bitfenix Colossus Venom Edition---[HDDs]WD Dives(6.5TB total storage) and Samsung 250GB SSD(boot)---[Monitors] 3X NEC 24" LCD2490WUXi ISP Panels and 1X Seiki 39" 4K monitor

PC Audio System (Speakers) Triad InRoom Silver's --- (DAC) Schiit Modi --- (AMP) Emotiva MiniX-a-100 --- (Headphones) Sennheiser Momentums and Paradigm H15NC --- (Headphone AMP) --- Schitt Magni