1 reply to this topic

#1 Bosco

Bosco

OCC Boss

• Senior Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32400 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 09:29 PM

Tonight Amanda also takes a look at the Logitech G602 Wireless Gaming Mouse.

Read her review here:

http://www.overclock...essgamingmouse/

Main Gaming Rig
Intel 3960X
MSI X79A-GD65 8D
16GB of Corsair Vengeance
NVIDIA 780TI's in SLI
Corsair Force 3 GT 240GB SSD
Coolermaster 932 Case
Noctua D14 CPU Cooler
Thermaltake Toughpower XT Platinum 1275 Watts
3 X 24" LCD's
Donating to OCC :::: OCC Site Rules :::: OCC Reviews
RIP Verran and Nemo gone but never will be forgotten.

#2 GrieverBlade

GrieverBlade

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:43 AM

nice review, for owning a G602 for more than 3 month i have to add

Cons:
Wireless, feed it batteries doctor, it's dying!!! : not a real cons ... unlike other wireless gaming mouse who do 7-10hrs then need to be wired (G700/700s, Mamba) this mouse can hold a bit more than10 days or 60 days (with a 24/24hrs use time) so plenty time to take care of the battery renewal, or ... you can have 2 set of 2800mAh accu and a desk charger :woot:  changing battery once used to it doesn't take more time than wiring a G700. :happy:

Extra button layout on the left is a bit hard to distinguish: not a real cons... they all have a different shape, since i got mine i never had a difficulty to feel what button i press and i use also the DPI switch G10/G11 as a normal button, i never switch dpi i keep it at 2500 (i also play in endu mode ... 125hz 4ms versus 500hz 1ms? well ... 3ms is huge indeed  :sweat: rarely switch to perf except in some nervous fps)

Cost – it's a bit high; I can get a top dollar wired mouse for the same money: agreed, tho you should consider you lucky ... i am Swiss and the base price of a G602 is 119chf (logitech website) 109.90chf (retailer) and sometime 89.90chf (what i paid mine)  i am seeing Amazon having it at 59.90$ and B&H for 65.90$ : dirt cheap considering the mouse it is. if i knew about amazon price before i brought mine i would take it from there : no custom taxes in switzerland for price under 62.50chf and 59.90$ is 52.56chf (ok a free delivery is slow but what is 7 days for 37.34chf economy)

Battery indicator on the mouse doesn't exactly work, too late to notice (enable that software option NOW!!)  : :huh:eh?  my software warned me when i had 5% left (after 68day of 8-10hrs daily use) and the led indicator was slightly flashing in a slow pattern (depending on the mode blue/green) tho those 5% lasted almost 2 week more of my normal daily use 

i intend to use it with 2800mAh accu but i also want to test it's duration with some Energizer Lithium AA battery  :wub:
i just registered here and it was the 1st review that pop'd on my google search (yeah i know ... i am searching review on a mouse i own for a moment, instead of looking review before buying it  :whistling: )

Edited by GrieverBlade, 12 March 2014 - 05:53 AM.