OCC Staff Let's Play - Saints Row IV

Guest_Jim_*

Hey guys! As the news item explains, we are trying out the idea of having some staff do let's plays together. Here is our first attempt featuring Reviewer, Hornybluecow and News Editor, Guest_Jim_*. (We are aware of the audio issues in this one.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRGpHlPsf_s

This thread is for everybody to post comments and suggestions. We already have some of our own. For example I am thinking we should try to talk more when we do these. Please share yours; we want your constructive criticism.

By the way, I chose to implement the age restriction because the video does include strong language and violence, which contribute to the game's M rating. We may change that. Also it was recorded and uploaded at 1920x1080, so if that resolution is not available when you watch it, that is just Youtube taking its time processing the video.

i noticed that too. I think the audio from vent glitched out around 17min. After that I just hear buzzing everytime someone is "talking". It must of not recorded it right :( but I don't understand why It would do that after a whlie and not right away.

Actually I know it wasn't Vent because I was noticing it when I was testing audio levels before we started talking. It disappeared after I changed the games microphone setting from disabled to push-to-talk, but apparently not permanently. Even as you watch it will go bad then good then bad again. From what I can tell, it's a Shadowplay problem. Updating the drivers might help, based on what I've read, but that's not guaranteed.

Anyway, I'll mess with it to see if I can figure it out. I'll also look into recording audio with something else.

Not sure I get the whole concept honestly. Why not go with a live stream that everyone can comment on as it is being played? I feel no real connection to you guys as you are playing the game and it just got boring. Not to poop on the idea, just not sure it is something that would stand the test of time.

Not sure I get the whole concept honestly. Why not go with a live stream that everyone can comment on as it is being played? I feel no real connection to you guys as you are playing the game and it just got boring. Not to poop on the idea, just not sure it is something that would stand the test of time.

NVIDIA will be adding Twitch streaming to ShadowPlay some time this year. Once that's done, it'd be a lot easier to do.