10 replies to this topic

#1 Bosco

Bosco

OCC Boss

• Senior Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32310 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:53 PM

Today Amanda takes a look at CM's Storm QuickFire Stealth Mechanical Keyboard.

Read her review to find out what she thought of it:

http://www.overclock...mstorm_stealth/

Main Gaming Rig
Intel 3960X
MSI X79A-GD65 8D
16GB of Corsair Vengeance
NVIDIA 780TI's in SLI
Corsair Force 3 GT 240GB SSD
Coolermaster 932 Case
Noctua D14 CPU Cooler
Thermaltake Toughpower XT Platinum 1275 Watts
3 X 24" LCD's
Donating to OCC :::: OCC Site Rules :::: OCC Reviews
RIP Verran and Nemo gone but never will be forgotten.

#2 CheeseMan42

CheeseMan42

Certified NVIDIA Fanboy

• News Editor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3641 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:09 PM

OH man! I wish this was available when I bought mine. I would have preferred to have the sneaky key lettering.

i7 950 @ ??? | Noctua NH-D14 | ASUS Sabretooth X58 | 4x2GB GSkill Ripjaws | Palit 460 GTX Sonic 1GB | 64GB Kingston SSDNow + 128GB Kingston SSDNow | Corsair 750TX | CM Stacker 830 | Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Titanium | Sennheiser HD555 | Microsoft Habu | CM Quick Fire Rapid
Foxconn HTPC - AMD E350 APU | 4GB RAM || Samsung Chromebook || Google Nexus 7

Steam | Xfire | For Sale Thread | OCC Steam Group | Follow OCC on Posted Image
Gr4vitas (3/18/09) - So moral of the story is. Vista 64 bit makes me happy in the pants.

#3 Wesstron

Wesstron

• Reviewer
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:13 PM

If it was the red switch ver. I would be all over Bluepanda to sell it to me lol. Great review!

#4 ccokeman

ccokeman

Frank <3 Reesa

• Reviewer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11375 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:59 PM

Ninja keys !

Processor Intel Core I7 920 @ 3.6
Memory Mushkin 998995 Blackline 12GB 9-9-9-24
Motherboard MSI X58 Big Bang
Graphics ASUS GTX 580
Power Corsair AX 1200,
Monitor Gateway UXD3000, LG W3000H, ASUS VG236 x 3
Water Cooling By DangerDen & Swiftech
Follow OCC on Posted Image

#5 Wesstron

Wesstron

• Reviewer
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:09 PM

Ninja keys !

Indeed! I hope that CM starts selling the key caps as an add-on. If Filco doesn't find a way to sue them that is lol.

#6 StefenHeif

StefenHeif

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:34 AM

Seems that the editor had the same concern as I have, not much comments about durability except a quick mention of it in the conclusion. Is it the keys that click or the keyboard actually cracking under each press, as you described yourself as a key masher.

#7 Waco

Waco

Lab Rat 2

• Reviewer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15257 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:35 AM

Seems that the editor had the same concern as I have, not much comments about durability except a quick mention of it in the conclusion. Is it the keys that click or the keyboard actually cracking under each press, as you described yourself as a key masher.

MX Cherry Blue keys audibly click with each key actuation. The CM Storm line of keyboards is extremely durable and could easily double as a weapon. :lol:

Posted Image

Booyah.

#8 ClayMeow

ClayMeow

Member Title Exceeds Member Title Character Limit

• Review Editor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19324 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:38 AM

MX Cherry Blue keys audibly click with each key actuation. The CM Storm line of keyboards is extremely durable and could easily double as a weapon. :lol:

:withstupid: One of the Pros is that it's durable enough to beat a zombie. Though I question the validity of such a statement, I think that should at least address your concerns :lol:

CMt.png
- Steam - Raptr - Xfire - GameSpot - Kongregate - IGN Blog -
- ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe - i7 3770k - NVIDIA GTX 770 - 2x8GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1866MHz -
::: Follow OCC on facebook.png ::: OCC Xfire Clan ::: OCC Steam Community Group ::: OCC Rules :::

::: OCC E3 2013 Awards ::: CES 2013 ::: COMPUTEX 2010 :::

::: Razer Sabertooth Review ::: Watch Dogs Review :::

#9 Wesstron

Wesstron

• Reviewer
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:22 AM

:withstupid: One of the Pros is that it's durable enough to beat a zombie. Though I question the validity of such a statement, I think that should at least address your concerns :lol:

I confirm that you can beat a zombie with one of these lol. They are built very tough and have an impressive heft to them for such a small device. I want to know who's the OEM behind these, hope it's still Costar :P

#10 BluePanda

BluePanda

Lab Rat

• Reviewer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2220 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:33 PM

Honestly I forget to talk about how sturdy CM keyboards are -- it's just become a natural thing to me that these things are built to last. They aren't the crap plastic you see in some keyboards. They really handle quite the abuse. I often smash my keyboard in a bit of rage when I lose a fight or get shot in a game...I'm not gentle on my keyboards. I've yet to kill a CM keyboard, and I use them as my main KB. I'd find one rather difficult to actually kill...

There's actually a little more validity to their way of holding up, if nothing more than for a publicity stunt they do run keyboards over with pretty cars...LINK

#11 d6bmg

d6bmg

BMG FTW!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4120 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:33 AM

These key layout reminds me of some very old keyboard designs from Logitech back in pentium 3 days. I saw 2 of them in my house, and some alternative key options were written there in this fashion.

This style is good, but not for everyone. :P

boozei.gif