Seagate Constellation ES.3 4TB Reviewed

But I can get two 2TB drives for cheaper... :unsure:

It's an enterprise drive meant for businesses, but it won't stop consumers from getting it if they want that kind of speed. Otherwise there's a consumer 4TB drive for under $200 but only 64MB of cache, which is what Frank says in the review.

It's an enterprise drive meant for businesses, but it won't stop consumers from getting it if they want that kind of speed. Otherwise there's a consumer 4TB drive for under $200 but only 64MB of cache, which is what Frank says in the review.

Hmm I didn't notice the enterprise fact. I actually prefer enterprise drives for there very low failure rate. Only 2 of my drives are not enterprise.

Hmm I didn't notice the enterprise fact. I actually prefer enterprise drives for there very low failure rate. Only 2 of my drives are not enterprise.

The costs are higher but you get a 5 year warranty and an enterprise feature set. Its a matter of what you are comfortable with.

I have been fortunate and have only had one mechanical drive fail on me in the past 10 years.  SSD's are another story.....    

I think I'd rather have two consumer 4 TB drives for less money...but the results are impressive for a HDD.

In RAID 1?
Yeah of course. :lol: