Returning member, I need help!

I wouldn't call Newegg shady. I just think they grew so big so fast they don't have their processes nailed down and stuff gets mixed up sometimes. They will have a New board and an Open Box board under a SKU that is too close to each other allowing shipping mistakes to happen. Every large logistics center has issues with careless warehouse order pickers because of the pick Quotas. I have seen some insane numbers these guys have to pick in a shift. Dont get paid much so they dont care as much.

I have only had one issue with an order from Newegg and it wasnt their fault. The board was DOA. brand new and sealed. I do order from Amazon too. No issues there either. Its who ever has the cheapest price with shipping at the time for me.

I'd believe that story if it didn't happen with such frequency.  And NewEgg has been around long enough (through experience and revenue) to make sure their pick, pack and ship processes are ironed out.  They don't get any mulligan from me.  They evenly knowingly ship refurbished items that are listed as "open box".  This was a problem I pointed out to them over a year ago.  I've been a NE customer since they first hit the etail scene and can't even begin to fathom how much money I've spent there over the years.  I'm not saying every transaction is shady, I'm just saying that they knowingly ship out some open box items and represent the product as NEW.

I'd believe that story if it didn't happen with such frequency.  And NewEgg has been around long enough (through experience and revenue) to make sure their pick, pack and ship processes are ironed out.  They don't get any mulligan from me.  They evenly knowingly ship refurbished items that are listed as "open box".  This was a problem I pointed out to them over a year ago.  I've been a NE customer since they first hit the etail scene and can't even begin to fathom how much money I've spent there over the years.  I'm not saying every transaction is shady, I'm just saying that they knowingly ship out some open box items and represent the product as NEW.

I second this, Though sometimes they mess up in a good way. Like the time I ordered 4 Logitech G510 Keyboards. Only received 3, the other one in box was a G17 0,o.

to OP: Im almost willing to bet my next Haswell project build that your Mobo is defective. Any possible way to of checked the new memory on an older PC to make sure it wasnt the RAM?

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE!

I RMAd the mother board and memory both to eliminate any possible problems with either. got them both back today installed into case and system booted up just fine. So far all seems fine.

The only problem that remains is that the front panel usb 3.0 headers on the case that I have connected to the internal mother board usb 3.0 headers are not working. I can charge my phone but when I plug a usb drive into them windows dose not detect it.

This has happened to me before with usb 2.0 case headers, and in the past I just ignored it, never really needed them. But now I want them to work. I do not think it is a defect with the mother board.  I checked the bios and it says that all the usbs are enabled.

Not sure how to proceed.

UPDATE!

I RMAd the mother board and memory both to eliminate any possible problems with either. got them both back today installed into case and system booted up just fine. So far all seems fine.

The only problem that remains is that the front panel usb 3.0 headers on the case that I have connected to the internal mother board usb 3.0 headers are not working. I can charge my phone but when I plug a usb drive into them windows dose not detect it.

This has happened to me before with usb 2.0 case headers, and in the past I just ignored it, never really needed them. But now I want them to work. I do not think it is a defect with the mother board.  I checked the bios and it says that all the usbs are enabled.

Not sure how to proceed.

Have that same problem with my i5's Maximus V Formula board. Except somewhat opposite. With that one, the rear I/O USB3's dont work and Device Manger in windows shows errors. Despite fact I've downloaded the latest USB 3 Drivers off Asus site. I just disabled them in BIOS and called it a day. However the usb 3 ports on my case that are connected to the usb 3 header on board work perfectly..

UPDATE!

Not sure how to proceed.

Have that same problem with my i5's Maximus V Formula board. Except somewhat opposite. With that one, the rear I/O USB3's dont work and Device Manger in windows shows errors. Despite fact I've downloaded the latest USB 3 Drivers off Asus site. I just disabled them in BIOS and called it a day. However the usb 3 ports on my case that are connected to the usb 3 header on board work perfectly..

I got to figure something out because I need at least one usb port for a usb storage device. I havnt checked the back haeders yet, they are hard to get to as my pc is under mydesk, but if they work Ima just have to run a cord or something for now.

Well aftwer looking around a bit I found that in the bios, my cell phone is detected, it show kyocera mass storage device as a bootable device, wierd. How come windows will not detect mass storage devices. 

I have installed intels newest drivers, but still not luck.

I am now also having trouble with planetside 2 and crysis 3 crashing on me, planetside actually BSOD on me. I am hoping that is a driver issue as there are others on the boards having some of the same issues.

My god this build has been nothing but problems.

So mu usb 3.0 ports will charge and in the bios storage devices are detected but now in windows environment.

O and a new thing, if I shut my pc down for the night , the next morning I push the power button it boots fine, but if I restart from the windows start menu some times it will hang when starting back up.

This is my first time going intel / nvidia and this sucks.

Well aftwer looking around a bit I found that in the bios, my cell phone is detected, it show kyocera mass storage device as a bootable device, wierd. How come windows will not detect mass storage devices. 

I have installed intels newest drivers, but still not luck.

I am now also having trouble with planetside 2 and crysis 3 crashing on me, planetside actually BSOD on me. I am hoping that is a driver issue as there are others on the boards having some of the same issues.

My god this build has been nothing but problems.

So mu usb 3.0 ports will charge and in the bios storage devices are detected but now in windows environment.

O and a new thing, if I shut my pc down for the night , the next morning I push the power button it boots fine, but if I restart from the windows start menu some times it will hang when starting back up.

This is my first time going intel / nvidia and this sucks.

haha, I struggled with my i5 build for 2 weeks. Fighting a bad driver and a possible memory defect on the GTX 660Ti (as observed by 40k errors during OCCT gpu mem test run). Too lazy to RMA it as that is always a process in itself. Updated Nvidia driver to the new 314 and as long as I dont OC the already factory OC'd 660Ti I have no issues anymore on the terms of game crashes ect. (Thank god)

Cant really comment on the USB problems, Id cough that up to a defective case header/port for the USB's, so long as you've uninstalled and re installed the USB and chipset drivers and still issues. PCs are only great when they are not a pain in the wazoo.

Edit: Is your CPU OC'd? Im guessing that it is, seeing that its a "K" variant. BSOD in games can be caused by not enough vcore or too much heat.

Edited by DnaAngel

Or it could be a faulty USB3.0 cable on your case.  My guess is that it is the cable or the plug itself.  If you have a USB3.0 PCI bracket you could plug that into the motherboard header and see if it works ok.  If it does you know it's a problem with the case.  If it doesn't it probably indicates a problem with the motherboard USB3.0 header.