Crysis

paulktreg

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first one! :lol:

Crysis 2 next. Bought them on a Steam offer.

be sure you download the 1.9patch and hd texture packs, plus the maldoHD 4.0 mod, that way you get the optimal quality of crysis 2 :)

Crysis set the bar in PC gaming then they decided to jump on the console band wagon with crysis 2 and it's impossible to do what they did with the first one on consoles (without completely frying them) so we PC gamers get thrown a disappointing product.

Crysis set the bar in PC gaming then they decided to jump on the console band wagon with crysis 2 and it's impossible to do what they did with the first one on consoles (without completely frying them) so we PC gamers get thrown a disappointing product.

crysis 2 looks miles beter then crysis, your point is invalid.

what I was say is there was alot more they could have done with it that they didn't or couldn't because of it being developed for multiple platforms. The original Crysis did things that most PC's at the time couldn't handle and alot still don't run it to it's top potential Crysis 2 on the other hand was dumbed down so that an of the shelf at your local best buy computer could run it at max settings 

making a game look prettier doesnt make it better than the original, kinda like friday the 13th was a far better movie than Jason X 

Edited by OCrookie

what I was say is there was alot more they could have done with it that they didn't or couldn't because of it being developed for multiple platforms. The original Crysis did things that most PC's at the time couldn't handle and alot still don't run it to it's top potential Crysis 2 on the other hand was dumbed down so that an of the shelf at your local best buy computer could run it at max settings 

making a game look prettier doesnt make it better than the original, kinda like friday the 13th was a far better movie than Jason X 

ahh the typical fanboy comment, classic

didnt think i'd saw them here.

crysis 2 doesnt run on any pc, if you would buy a pc off teh shelf it would have a 5670 or gt430 or something and those 2 card are CLEARLY not fit to run crysis 2 on max settings even before the update extreme was pretty taxing on mid-end cards (gtx 460 1gb, amd 6850/6870) so that argument is thrown out of the window, after the update even a gtx 580 cant make 60fps solid with all the settings at ultra with dx11 enabled and hi-res texturepacks @1080P which is a low resolution nowadays. so crysis 2 is a pretty heavy demanding game these days

crysis 1 was so heavy because the cryengine2 was not optimised for multiple systems be it pc or consoles,

cryengine 3 IS optimised for both pc and consoles that is why it runs lighter then crysis 1, but that doesnt mean cryengine 3 is worse then cryengine 2 >.>

Edited by WarWeeny

I've always thought of Crysis (all of them) as shit games.

i think they were ok, one of the few fps games i actually finished till the end (singleplayer campain)

Edited by WarWeeny