Overclocking my system

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jconway1968

jconway1968

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:37 PM

I had such great response from the folks over in the OS support forum that I thought I would try my luck over here...

I'm in the process of switching from the MSI z77a-g41 to the ASRock z77 Extreme 4 (for obvious overclocking reasons).  here are my specs:

Looking for the best overclocking solution for CPU and Ram as well as any other tips/tricks for the rest of my hardware on the new ASRock board

Thanks in advance...

#2 d6bmg

d6bmg

BMG FTW!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4147 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:00 AM

I'm in the process of switching from the MSI z77a-g41 to the ASRock z77 Extreme 4 (for obvious overclocking reasons).  here are my specs:

Have you bought Extreme 4 already? If not, then don't
Going from G41 to extreme 4 can't be considered as an upgrade, its more of a side grade. And above all, extreme4 have problem with its LLC. I've heard many complaints regarding that.

boozei.gif

#3 jconway1968

jconway1968

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:00 AM

Wow!!!  I had not heard about this.  Although I am fairly new to overclocking and can't say I even knew what LLC was before reading a few posts about it.  I've only seen good reviews on this board and that it is, indeed, a pretty big leap from the msi board I have.  I'm wondering what other people think???