I've been having issues in BF3, especially noticeable on 64 man long ticket servers. the game will be running great at first. but then gradually gets worse. towards the end of the match i start getting cpu/gpu spikes. Its noticeably happens every time someone says something in the chat box. i get a coinciding spike. its really strange. and its starting to really drive me crazy.
I don't know what to do besides reformatting windows again. heres what i have done so far:
1. bought a new powersupply a corsair cx600. Even got help from these forums on how to install it. tks very much. it installed nicely.
2. disabled amd cool n quiet, and secure virutal machine mode in bios.
3. updated video drivers....rolled back video drivers.
4. tried the registry tweak fix for win 7 64 lag from the steam forums. to change the network throttling entry to ffffffff.
5. disabled upnp and ssdp discovery services. also disabled upnp in my router. this helped me with random crashes and disconnects.. but i still get that weird cpu/gpu spike lag towards the end of matches for every time something is said in chat. i'm not sure if its a connectivity issue or not.
6. updated all my drivers. I even just updated the firmware on my hdd...lol
7. set the system settings to performance mode and disabled desktop window manager. since origin seemed to increase its size ridiculously in memory. and cause performance issues.
8. increased fan speed on gpu while playing. i heard there is a vram problem on my model card. my temps are: gpu = 65c cpu=50c NB=55 c all on full load. i even felt my memory chips. and the sb heatsinks. nothing feels hot on the mobo.
9. set affinity of origin.exe to cpu 1.
10. lowered graphics quality.
i'm at a loss now. Don't know what else to try. I'm ready to reformat windows...but i have a feeling it won't make a diff. has anybody heard of this issue with the chat lag on 64 man long ticket servers? I don't see many people with this problem. or maybe they don't realize its causing their lag.
I appreciate any other advice or options, ty in advance.
EDIT: here are my specs.
Dell studio xps 7100 ( i know, i know but it ha great reviews on gaming sites)
amd phenom 2.8ghz
hd 5870 1gb
6gb ddr3 1066
win 7 64
Edited by RichAC, 10 January 2013 - 05:46 PM.