1155 Build

ir_cow

Hey OCC!

I did a 1155 for someone and I ended up recording it because I was asked to. I figured I would share it here.

I7 2600k

Asus P8Z77-V -Pro

Gskill F3-1600C9Q-32GXM

Seasonic X Series 650w

2x Seagate 7200.12 500GB

EVGA GTX 570 Classifed

Asus DCII GTX 570

Thermaltake Level 10 GTS Snow Edition

CPU Cooler: Corsair H60 :

edit: it won't let me post the youtube link.. so here is the

Edited by hornybluecow

yeah its a challenge to do a build and record because you have to angle yourself not to block the camera and my back hurts now from learning over so much. good news is i got rid of my cards and picked up a Quadro Fx 4800 for $200 on ebay :)

yeah it was speed up 4000% so whatever math it takes to revert that is how long it took to build it. The Quadro 2000 I sold a while ago and the Quadro 3700 I gave away in the summer. I'm doing a lot of photography now and less 3d work so I needed good color accuracy and bit depth. Geforce cards do not provide it, hence the switch once again lol.

I saw you switched one of your extra fans and the stock Corsair fan, why? The high blade count fans are all about the amount of air pushed while the low blade count fans, the ones stock with most coolers are about static pressure which is better for getting air through a radiator. Also if you have a choice and are single fanning a radiator you always want to push air through it , not pull, you will get better results.

yeah it was speed up 4000% so whatever math it takes to revert that is how long it took to build it. The Quadro 2000 I sold a while ago and the Quadro 3700 I gave away in the summer. I'm doing a lot of photography now and less 3d work so I needed good color accuracy and bit depth. Geforce cards do not provide it, hence the switch once again lol.

well good job sir ! ...well done !!

I saw you switched one of your extra fans and the stock Corsair fan, why? The high blade count fans are all about the amount of air pushed while the low blade count fans, the ones stock with most coolers are about static pressure which is better for getting air through a radiator. Also if you have a choice and are single fanning a radiator you always want to push air through it , not pull, you will get better results.

I switch the fan because the original H series (not 2012 H i) has basic fans and not pressure ones you are talking. I used a Cougar fan since they are highly effective at radiator cooling and it was on sale 4 months ago when i bought them. I had to get rid of them someday and either they were going to replace my h100 fans or go into this build.

I usually agree you want to push air though the rad but i only had one choice and that was to have air going out the back. since the screws weren't long enough I had to put the fan in the middle making it a pull system. I'll double check because maybe I had a brain fart lol. In any case, prime95 maxs out at 49c after a few hours and taxing both cards and gpu I still only recorded 48c so I think thats the highest it will ever go before I OC to 5ghz.

Do you happen to have the full video in real time? I would like to take the time and see what you did as well as hear what you were saying. I am still a novice builder and I am always looking for tips.

I do, i didn't think anyone would want to watch that, some of it is me swearing a lot because i lost a screw of something but I could be a voice over for most of that. What parts do you want to see most?

Edited by hornybluecow