64GB Lexar JumpDrive Triton vs 64GB SanDisk Extreme USB 3.0 Comparison

El_Capitan

Cool doug, I am not in the market for a 64GB but nice to see what's up there.

16GB has always been nice size for me, I run a 16GB ADATA S102 USB 3.0 drive which is pretty nice, writes aren't too peppy compared to faster USB 3.0 drives but I knew that 95% of its use on computers that aren't mine would be USB 2.0 so... Got it for $5 too :D

Debating getting one of these for purely bootable stick tools: http://www.buydig.com/shop/product.aspx?sdtid=5632804&sku=PMPSF8GXPUSB&ref=cj (I have my 16GB doing it all, but it's a pain shifting data around when I'm swapping around what I want it booting as)

Thanks for the info. I'm looking for a 32GB but this gives me a starting point.

Phil

If we go 50/50 on one and get a nice pair of scissors to split it, I'm down. (I call the side with the usb port :P)

The small file write speeds on that Lexar are abysmal! I've had crappy USB 2.0 drives perform better on the 4K write test by a HUGE margin. :teehee: 46 KB/s? ROFL. :P

:lol: yeah I didn't know if I read that right.

Cap did you try retesting it at all on that??

If we go 50/50 on one and get a nice pair of scissors to split it, I'm down. (I call the side with the usb port :P)

I tried 50/50. She got the car, I got the payments; She got the house, I got the payments; etc.

:lol: yeah I didn't know if I read that right.

Cap did you try retesting it at all on that??

I'm betting it uses the new Flash with larger sectors as well as a very high density chip (hence the cost). Random write (or even sequential small writes) are terrible on Flash like that without a good controller. Flash drives don't have good controllers in general and without a bunch of dies to split the writes up on...you get performance like that. :P

I'm betting it uses the new Flash with larger sectors as well as a very high density chip (hence the cost). Random write (or even sequential small writes) are terrible on Flash like that without a good controller. Flash drives don't have good controllers in general and without a bunch of dies to split the writes up on...you get performance like that. :P

Performance like what, I think that's just the wind :teehee: