Seeking new media player

Miek

iTunes is getting on my nerves and I would enjoy a better alternative. iTunes is just so... Clunky, I think is the word I'm looking for.

In my SIG I use a android phone adequately altered to function entirely as a dedi pmp and with playback and standby time that rivals my old iPod touch 4th gen and better sq and more features and nicer ui I am definitely loving it.

This is in the software forum so I assume he's looking for a new media player for his PC. :P

That said, VLC is unbeatable for portability and simplicity.

i watch my video's mostly on windows media player, instead of vlc (if wmp can play them ofcourse) vlc video's can be looking a bit washed out, wmp is a bit more darker and i like that.

another reccommendation would be zoomplayer, simple and is really light for non game computers.

This is in the software forum so I assume he's looking for a new media player for his PC. :P

That said, VLC is unbeatable for portability and simplicity.

touche

Well VLC and Foobar2000

VLC for pretty much everything and Foobar for my organised collection of rips.

I also use Media Center on my HTPC just because it is such a nice interface for large screens. If you want to do a heap of organizing and renaming then Media Monkey is a good way to go I just keep it for making nice easy batch edits and to pull metadata from online databases and to also pull album art.

vlc video's can be looking a bit washed out, wmp is a bit more darker and i like that.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has noticed that, and strangely enough even when comparing two different systems (HTPC compared to gaming rig) the PQ is different. Running same version of VLC though. If you go into advanced video settings in VLC you can adjust the brightness and contrast to get comparable video quality to WMP. For some reason I had to make those adjustments on my gaming rig and not on the HTPC rig - could be related to the video card drivers as one is a nVidia card and the other an AMD card.

VLC excels in one other area though - audio output - specifically audio output volume. WMP is really weak in this area. I've got to crack the volume on my receiver 25 to 35% higher when playing any media through WMP that if I were playing the same source material with VLC.

I like VLC as an excellent alternative to WMP. But Media Player Classic with the right Codecs is hard to beat too.