24 replies to this topic

#13 Waco

Waco

Lab Rat 2

• Reviewer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15404 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:15 PM

If you're looking for good quality and a decent price the K90 is hard to beat. Past that you're looking at a Ducky, a Deck, or perhaps a CM Storm Quickfire TK (as long as you can deal with not having a numpad).

sig.png

GTX 770 replaced with watercooled GTX780...but too lazy to change the sig.

#14 Coors

Coors

????? ????

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3638 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:20 PM

That looks preaty good. You say you have one of these and it's brightly lit correct ?

Yeah i've had it I think almost a year now. The lowest brightness setting is plenty bright so thats all I use. It doesn't have any fancy gamer gimmicks or anything so if you want 20 macro keys and an LCD screen then you won't find it here. But if you just want a solid well built keyboard the Ducky Shines are awesome.

The leds do have a few different modes. The first only lights up the WASD keys. The second lights up the rest of the keys /minus the num pad
. The third lights up all the keys. The fourth lights them all up as well but they pulsate/slowly fade in and out (ok so it has one "gimmicky" feature but thats it lol). And the brightness has like 5 settings...and just imagine how bright the 5th setting is when I only use the 1st. It's probably the brightest keyboard you can get.

One of the only flaws I've found is that after a reboot it resets the led mode and turns off the leds. Which isn't a big deal really. I just have to press FN + F8 three times and it's back to where I like it. Also when you shutdown the computer the LEDs stay lit. So for that I just press FN + F8 a couple times to turn them off. Neither of these were a big deal to me so I went ahead and bought it. It was funny reading some of the complaints people were making "OMG I HAVE TO MAKE MULTIPLE TWO-HANDED KEY PRESSES EVERTIM YOU REBOOT!!1". Like really? I can do it with my thumb and pointer finger. Must have been a midgit or something that wrote that.:lol:

MSI MPower Max - 4770K - 2x EVGA GTX780 ACX - 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical 1866 - 2x Crucial M4 256GB raid0 - Enermax 1020w - HP ZR30w

Sager NP9170 - i7 3720QM - GTX680m - 16GB 1600Mhz - 2x Crucial M4 256GB - 17" matte display

Shuttle SP35P2V2 - E8600 4Ghz - eVGA 8800GTX ACS KO - 2x2GB g.skill PK - Samsung 500GB - 2x Dell E228wfp

#15 bigball1

bigball1

Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:17 PM

Logitech???? :whistling:

The G series keyboard are about the same price range.

#16 Deathmineral

Deathmineral

No soup for you!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3811 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:46 PM

Logitech???? :whistling:

The G series keyboard are about the same price range.

I think all their blue backlit ones aren't mechanical though? I only know of one mechanical keyboard in their G series and I don't think it's backlit. I could be wrong though, I don't pay much attention to their keyboards aside from wireless ones.

Posted Image

#17 bigball1

bigball1

Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:46 AM

Yeah i think this one has been out for 2 months now, and it is backlit as well.

G710+

#18 d6bmg

d6bmg

BMG FTW!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4135 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:06 AM

^ Except for this, no other G series keyboards from them are mechanical.

boozei.gif

#19 dling

dling

BEER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2822 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:29 AM

Yeah i've had it I think almost a year now. The lowest brightness setting is plenty bright so thats all I use. It doesn't have any fancy gamer gimmicks or anything so if you want 20 macro keys and an LCD screen then you won't find it here. But if you just want a solid well built keyboard the Ducky Shines are awesome.

The leds do have a few different modes. The first only lights up the WASD keys. The second lights up the rest of the keys /minus the num pad
. The third lights up all the keys. The fourth lights them all up as well but they pulsate/slowly fade in and out (ok so it has one "gimmicky" feature but thats it lol). And the brightness has like 5 settings...and just imagine how bright the 5th setting is when I only use the 1st. It's probably the brightest keyboard you can get.

One of the only flaws I've found is that after a reboot it resets the led mode and turns off the leds. Which isn't a big deal really. I just have to press FN + F8 three times and it's back to where I like it. Also when you shutdown the computer the LEDs stay lit. So for that I just press FN + F8 a couple times to turn them off. Neither of these were a big deal to me so I went ahead and bought it. It was funny reading some of the complaints people were making "OMG I HAVE TO MAKE MULTIPLE TWO-HANDED KEY PRESSES EVERTIM YOU REBOOT!!1". Like really? I can do it with my thumb and pointer finger. Must have been a midgit or something that wrote that.:lol:

I just pulled the triger on the ducky KB you recommend. I've been so busy lately,first day off work since the Friday after Thanksgiving . I hope it's as good as you say ;) Tigerdirect was sold out but I was able to get it from Mechanicalkeyboards.com for about the same price.
I should get it next week.If my son spills his drink into my KB and kills this one :mfp: :pfp: he will own it and pay for a new one :rtfm:

Case:Cooler Master Sniper / Motherboard : ASUS P6X58D PREMIUM / CPU: Intel Core i7 960 (21x200=4.2) / CPU HS: Prolimatech Megahalems
VGA: Vortec GTX 980 / Memory: Corsair Dominator 6GB DDR3 1600 / HDD:OCZ Vertex3 SSD 120g X 3 Raid 0 + OCZ SSD vertex 4 120g X 2 raid 0 for OS
PSU: COOLMAX 1200W / Monitor: ONIX 2560X1400 27in Korean W/S LCD / KB: Ducky Shine / Mouse: Razor Lachesis / OS: Windows 7 Home premium 64

#20 dling

dling

BEER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2822 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:37 AM

I got the ducky Yesterday.Man It's a heavy little KB. As Coors as pointed out the lighting is very bright. I think I'm going to be very
happy with this keyboard.Thanks for the suggestion ;)

Case:Cooler Master Sniper / Motherboard : ASUS P6X58D PREMIUM / CPU: Intel Core i7 960 (21x200=4.2) / CPU HS: Prolimatech Megahalems
VGA: Vortec GTX 980 / Memory: Corsair Dominator 6GB DDR3 1600 / HDD:OCZ Vertex3 SSD 120g X 3 Raid 0 + OCZ SSD vertex 4 120g X 2 raid 0 for OS
PSU: COOLMAX 1200W / Monitor: ONIX 2560X1400 27in Korean W/S LCD / KB: Ducky Shine / Mouse: Razor Lachesis / OS: Windows 7 Home premium 64

#21 Coors

Coors

????? ????

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3638 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:38 AM

No problem. And I think most mechanical keyboards are a bit on the heavy side. Heavier than regular ones anyways. On the plus side if someone busts through my door and the slim chance that both of my handguns jam I can always go leeroy jenkins with my keyboard lol.

MSI MPower Max - 4770K - 2x EVGA GTX780 ACX - 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical 1866 - 2x Crucial M4 256GB raid0 - Enermax 1020w - HP ZR30w

Sager NP9170 - i7 3720QM - GTX680m - 16GB 1600Mhz - 2x Crucial M4 256GB - 17" matte display

Shuttle SP35P2V2 - E8600 4Ghz - eVGA 8800GTX ACS KO - 2x2GB g.skill PK - Samsung 500GB - 2x Dell E228wfp

#22 El_Capitan

El_Capitan

Even the sun goes down

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6591 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:26 AM

I just got my Max Keyboard Nighthawk X8 (Cherry MX Brown) Backlit Mechanical Keyboard yesterday. That and my Tesoro Durandal Ultimate G1NL LED Backlit Mechanical Gaming Keyboard - Cherry MX Brown are so far my favorite keyboards. They seem pretty much identical, and I like the design layout the most (though I know Computer Ed wouldn't agree :) ). They were both just under $100, too.

#23 dling

dling

BEER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2822 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:18 PM

I do agree about the KB being a weapon. I think you could easily knock someone out with it.
El Capt. I just look at you choice of boards,very nice . I do like the usb and audio jacks on the KB. I can't believe that I paid over a hundred bucks for a KB :O If someone ask me just a year ago would you pay
that much for a keyboard I would have told them OH HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for all the suggestions and help ;)

#24 Stonerboy779

Stonerboy779

Puts on Q701s d-_-b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5269 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:07 PM

No problem. And I think most mechanical keyboards are a bit on the heavy side. Heavier than regular ones anyways. On the plus side if someone busts through my door and the slim chance that both of my handguns jam I can always go leeroy jenkins with my keyboard lol.

I do agree about the KB being a weapon. I think you could easily knock someone out with it.
El Capt. I just look at you choice of boards,very nice . I do like the usb and audio jacks on the KB. I can't believe that I paid over a hundred bucks for a KB :O If someone ask me just a year ago would you pay
that much for a keyboard I would have told them OH HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for all the suggestions and help ;)

med_gallery_78215_532_67141.png

Man these spammers are geniuses...put (NO SPAM) in the thread title to hide the spam.  It's brilliant.  Hopefully this doesn't catch on...what if rapists wear signs that say (NOT A RAPIST)?  They will be raping everybody! D:

Donate to OCC - You could have won an SSD or GPU