Kingston DataTraveler Locker+ G2 USB Drive Review

bp9801

We have a new USB drive on the test bench that is designed to keep your data secure. See if it can live up to the task in the OCC review of the Kingston DataTraveler Locker+ G2 USB Drive - http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/dtl_g2_review/

God these are so much cheeper in the states.

My mum has to use them for work as a kindergarten teacher. So she is carrying around highly sensitive information about the children and those details need to be protected at all costs.

They do have there place but its pretty niche imo

How about truecrypt on your computers, and a normal flash drive? :lol: I wouldn't be accessing the encrypted files at any computer than mine anyways.

That and truecrypt is a lot more secure. For example you can have one truecrypt volume with two passwords. One fake password that opens the first volume where you hide decoy info, and a second one for the real volume where you hide the real secret stuff. All this in what seems to be just one volume/folder.

Edited by Onion

For an encrypted USB 2.0 drive they don't look all that bad to me...20 MB/s read and 11 MB/s write.

I was expecting reading speed something around 35MB/sec and write speed something around 15MB/sec.