IVI's 2nd Bake

IVIYTH0S

So after the problem seen in the thread here: http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.php?showtopic=193394

I've decided the bake the whole motherboard in an attempt to fix the POS 8400GS that is obviously faulty, it really sucks because I just sold my dad my Vertex 2 for this laptop and he's been using it alot more since it's actually quick now...

This machine was a nightmare to take apart (like pretty much all laptops) but I finally romanced all of it's clothes off

Pics:

cardbake1.jpg

cardbake2.jpg

There's the little turd

cardbake3.jpg

Eff you Nvidia for making me do this! (I hear that alot of Nvidia laptops, especially HP ones have longevity issues)

cardbake4.jpg

It's currently baking now, in the half hour cooldown phase so pics of it coming out of the oven and then after it's all reassembled too (ugh) and HOPEFULLY a shot of it working *properly* again.

yep it is true... a lot of HP laptops had the issue with the DV4 being the worst... I got one here with a blown graphics chip.... screen no workie but plug in an HDMI cable and to the Function key trick and swap video outputs and it works fine...

This toshiba I own seems to finally be fixed after 3 RMA's equaling 5 weeks in the shop but has clinched my mind to never buy another toshitba laptop again hope yours works out after the bake off

are you sure the gpu isnt just bad? Its been a few years now but mostly every report i've read when this problem first appeared was that the 8400 gpu dies prematurely from heat. Last news i heard was all these mac pros suddenly kicked the bucket because it also had a 8400 gpu.

Anyways best of luck.

are you sure the gpu isnt just bad? Its been a few years now but mostly every report i've read when this problem first appeared was that the 8400 gpu dies prematurely from heat. Last news i heard was all these mac pros suddenly kicked the bucket because it also had a 8400 gpu.

Anyways best of luck.

it's not that they dies there was a soldering issue....and the heat aggravated it especially once the heatsink got dirty.

Well it "worked"....

cardbake5.jpg

cardbake6.jpg

cardbake7.jpg

cardbake8.jpg

I'm going to try messing with the panel's cable and see if it fixes the weird video output but I don't think this will be perfect again. Still plenty usable, just not pretty doing so. I'm also going to try if it looks lousy with the HDMI out. This could be a new mini desktop if we need it or my dad could just deal with it.

Edited by IVIYTH0S