NVIDIA GTX 660Ti Reviewed

Bosco

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

NVIDIA launched the 660ti this morning. Check out how the Asus, Galaxy and MSI cards fared in our roundup.

http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/nvidia_gtx_660ti_roundup_asus_msi_galaxy/

Fixed that for ye...

Man, if they priced these at $220, they'd be killer.

Edited by El_Capitan

Man, if they priced these at $220, they'd be killer.

True, they seem to make the 7950 worth the extra $100 for the extra 10-20 FPS it provides. If these were $220 they would dominate.

Lol, cant believe NVIDIA castrated the memory bit interface. 192 bit :-/

No way would I pay that amount of cash for 192 bit. I'd rather go for something like this $329(after rebate) HD7950 at 900MHz core and have the premium 3Gb, 384bit interface and extra ROPs with an aftermarket cooler.

I also heard rumours of AMD dropping the price of HD7950s from $350 to something more competitive but we'll see about that.

Oh and theres a new BIOS for HD7950s that increase the base clock from 800MHz to 850Mhz and add PowerTune boost (like Nvidia's boost) to boost even up to 925MHz in games that makes it like a 670 killer so check that review here : http://pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-Cards/AMD-Radeon-HD-7950-3GB-PowerTune-Boost-Review

After reading the review I'm not terribly impressed. I'll stick with what I've got now. Considering I only play at 1980 X 1080 & have no wish or desire to go any higher & considering upcoming releases (not including Borderlands 2 which is meaningless) the only game of interest (to me) is GTA V. The GTX 660 Ti simply isn't worth the price. I'm disgusted they chopped the memory bus & ROP's. Apart from lower power consumption there is no incentive to upgrade. Roll on next gen.

It's within 10% of the 7950 at its slowest, faster than the 7950 a good chunk of the time, uses far less power, and costs over 10% less...not counting the $60 AAA game bundled with it.

I'm not understanding the hate here. :lol:

Looking at the benchmarks it seems to be a decent performer with the current crop of games but it's the chopped memory bandwith, ROP's & ridiculous price which really hurt. Probably future game releases will come back to bite 192 bit bus right in the keester

Looking at the benchmarks it seems to be a decent performer with the current crop of games but it's the chopped memory bandwith, ROP's & ridiculous price which really hurt. Probably future game releases will come back to bite 192 bit bus right in the keester

It does make the GTX 670 look even better.....

It's within 10% of the 7950 at its slowest, faster than the 7950 a good chunk of the time, uses far less power, and costs over 10% less...not counting the $60 AAA game bundled with it.

I'm not understanding the hate here. :lol:

im loving this bl2 giveaway, i currently have 5 bl2 codes now, plus my disc coming from EB

Funny how there's hate at a mid-range card that goes toe to toe with a high-end offering from AMD. Shouldn't the question be why isn't the HD 7950 outclassing it with its 1GB of more RAM, double the memory bandwidth, and such?

Unless you're on a 100/120Hz monitor, you won't be able to see a difference between 88 and 91 FPS. So really, what's the problem with its performance?